WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering another Panerai and I'm having problems finding exactly what I think I want. Ideally, a 47mm 1940 Radiomir or 1950 Luminor, either base model or one without the '9' A PAM372 or PAM422 are possibilities, but I don't think I like the highly domed sapphire crystal. I'm thinking that I'd prefer those watches with either the flatter sapphire crystal or a plexiglass one. I know that some earlier versions came with plexiglass crystals, and even came with a spare crystal.

Does anyone know if it's possible to replace a highly domed sapphire crystal with another style? Is it just a matter of getting the right sized crystal and perhaps an appropriate gasket, or would other modifications be required.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm considering another Panerai and I'm having problems finding exactly what I think I want. Ideally, a 47mm 1940 Radiomir or 1950 Luminor, either base model or one without the '9' A PAM372 or PAM422 are possibilities, but I don't think I like the highly domed sapphire crystal. I'm thinking that I'd prefer those watches with either the flatter sapphire crystal or a plexiglass one. I know that some earlier versions came with plexiglass crystals, and even came with a spare crystal.

Does anyone know if it's possible to replace a highly domed sapphire crystal with another style? Is it just a matter of getting the right sized crystal and perhaps an appropriate gasket, or would other modifications be required.
372 had a plexi

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get the 372 plexi (N-O-P year),problems solved
I'm aware that the earlier PAM372s came with the plexiglass crystal vs the sapphire in the newer versions, but that only helps if I want that base model with plexiglass (a possibility of course) However, there are other watches that I'd also consider if I could replace the tall sapphire crystal with with either a plexiglass one or a lower, slightly domed sapphire crystal.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
I don't think there is a flat sapphire crystal for 47mm luminor models,the sapphire on my 368 is even more dome-y (is there such word?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts