WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello comrades,

I've been giving some love to an old raketa. Used some polywatch to get the dome nice and shiny, crown screwed off stem when setting time so used loctite to tighten it.

All is well. I enjoy wearing it on a black nato.

But for the life of me, I can not figure out how to set the date? If I pull to the date 'stop' on the crown sometimes it just flips to the next date. Turning it does nothing at that position.

Sure I'm missing something obvious.

But could someone explain what?

Thank you all kindly!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
719 Posts
There is no quick set for the date on most (maybe all) Russian watches. I'm not sure what movement you have, but for most you advance the hands until the date flips, turn them back to about 8pm or so (it varies) and then advance past midnight until it flips again. You keep doing this until you get to the desired date. If it's an old watch with an uncertain service history I just leave it idle until the date showing comes up and wind it up, set it and go.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That movement has a three-position crown. Each time you pull the crown all the way out the date advances one day. Keep pulling out repeatedly until you reach the date you want.
Wow! How simple! Thanks. Got the correct date set!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would anyone have an idea when this type of raketa was manufactured btw?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
As schnurrp said, you will need to keep pulling the crown out all the way to advance the date.
I just took apart one of these movements and the keyless works is...interesting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts