WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a JY8078-52L and generally like it a lot. I'm not too keen on the backlight for the digital windows, but that's another story.

I want to have both digital windows display my Home Town (Denver), but don't see anything in either the abbreviated instructions or the full manual about how to make both windows display DEN. The watch arrived with Home Town set to LAX, which would have worked fine for me when I was travelling to CA frequently on business. When I changed Home Town to Denver the secondary time went to LAX. I don't need a secondary time zone now.

How do I make both windows display DEN?

·
Registered
320 Posts
You need to first pull crown out to the 1st click, then turn the crown so the bottom subdial pointer hand points to the "Time". Them push the crown back in all the way. Then press either the top button or the bottom button to cycle through the cities until you see Denver (DEN) in the right lcd window. I think the top button cycles the cities eastwards and the bottom button cycles the cities westwards. Then pull out the crown only one (1) click. The press BOTH buttons at the same time to switch the time that's currently on the right lcd window to the left lcd diplay window. Once you do that, the time that was on the right lcd dispay becomes your local time on the left lcd display. After you do this, press the crown in all the way.

Then pull out the crown again to only one (1) click and rotate the crown so the bottom subdial pointer hand points to WT (world time). From here on, I think that you need to pull the crown out one more time and then rotate the crown either clockwise to go east or counterclockwise to go west to the correct Denver (DEN) time zone. You will see (DEN) in the right window lcd when you go through the different cities when you rotate the crown. When you see Denver (DEN) on the right window, BOTH lcd windows will show Denver (DEN) inside the window. When you see this, you are all set now. Push the crown in all the way and you are good to go. Your watch will display DEN in BOTH lcd windows from here onwards. You can also look up the Citizen users manual on Google search for the U680 module for your watch. It takes a little playing around to learn the setup, but once you do it a few times, it will be easy. I own about 10 of the Skyhawk models and all of them have the same U680 module in them, so I've had lots of practice setting the time and date on them. Hope that this helps.

The great John Holmes wears a digital watch and Ron Jeremy wears Crocs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to first pull crown out to the 1st click, then turn the crown so the bottom subdial pointer hand points to the "Time". Them push the crown back in all the way. Then press either the top button or the bottom button to cycle through the cities until you see Denver (DEN) in the right lcd window. I think the top button cycles the cities eastwards and the bottom button cycles the cities westwards. Then pull out the crown only one (1) click. The press BOTH buttons at the same time to switch the time that's currently on the right lcd window to the left lcd diplay window. Once you do that, the time that was on the right lcd dispay becomes your local time on the left lcd display. After you do this, press the crown in all the way.

Then pull out the crown again to only one (1) click and rotate the crown so the bottom subdial pointer hand points to WT (world time). From here on, I think that you need to pull the crown out one more time and then rotate the crown either clockwise to go east or counterclockwise to go west to the correct Denver (DEN) time zone. You will see (DEN) in the right window lcd when you go through the different cities when you rotate the crown. When you see Denver (DEN) on the right window, BOTH lcd windows will show Denver (DEN) inside the window. When you see this, you are all set now. Push the crown in all the way and you are good to go. Your watch will display DEN in BOTH lcd windows from here onwards. You can also look up the Citizen users manual on Google search for the U680 module for your watch. It takes a little playing around to learn the setup, but once you do it a few times, it will be easy. I own about 10 of the Skyhawk models and all of them have the same U680 module in them, so I've had lots of practice setting the time and date on them. Hope that this helps.

Thanks for your help. It didn't work exactly like you specified. I pulled the crown out 1 click and pressed button B until I saw DEN come in the right window. I picked a bad time (3:30) to do it as the hour hand blocked most of the right window. I couldn't see clearly whether DEN was selected. I had to look at the digital time until I saw 3:30 come up, then I knew what I could only partially see of the city name was DEN. Then I just pushed the crown back in. I tried the WT setting, but DEN never came up in the list of cities. Used both buttons A & B to no avail. Went back to the first step and that (so far) has worked.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Go on Google and search for the Citizen Skyhawk owner’s manual. You can get the user manual for free. It’s detailed with step by step instructions. Your Skyhawk has the U680 movement in it. The owner’s manual will specify that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts