WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Changing gw-810 bracelet

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MRG-1000 
#1 ·
Hello All. Does anyone know how to remove the bracelet from a gw-810d?

http://www.casio.com/products/Timepiece/G-Shock/GW810D-1A/

I love this watch but I keep beating up the bracelet. I would like to swap it out for a nylon strap but can't figure out how get the correct interface. I've searched the forum and come up dry. I've seen some of the g-shock adapters for regular watch straps but the 810 bracelet links to the watch differently, not the typical screws.

It appears that the main link from the bracelet is attached to the watch with a plastic interface (these are light grey pieces on the top and bottom of the watch body). It looks like these peices could be removed, but I'm not sure how to, or whats underneath.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 ·
#3 ·
Hello All. Does anyone know how to remove the bracelet from a gw-810d?
If it looks similar to the bracelet of the GW-810BD...

...I'd assume that the end links are attached to the watch with springbars that can be released by using the small holes next to the watch body.

My GW-810H has a resin band that's also using a springbar held in place by a metal clip. Since I assume that the 810 series watch bodies are all the same, the protruding mount points (as seen on the right one in the image below) will likely all use springbars in one way or another.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.