WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you switch watches? I recently got my second dream watch and now find myself changing watches at least daily - and in some cases twice a day. Is this a disease or am I normal? Help!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I often wear 4 or 5 different watches in a day. It helps that I work from home. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Scott3670 said:
How often do you switch watches? I recently got my second dream watch and now find myself changing watches at least daily - and in some cases twice a day. Is this a disease or am I normal? Help!

I usually just wear one watch each day. I only change watches on a daily basis if I need water resistance...

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Watchbreath said:
:) Normal for WIS types. Single malt helps keep it under control.

So I guess the solution is drool over my watch while sipping a shot from the 40 year old single malt that my wife bought me for my birthday...:-!

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,434 Posts
Scott3670 said:
Here at Ernie's place, that's normal behaviour. However out there amongst the majority of humanity, you're some kind of freak :-D

I wore the same watch for 36 hours last week, but usually I wear about 3 different watches over a whole day.

·
Registered
41,760 Posts
:-D A shot! More like three fingers.
Scott3670 said:
So I guess the solution is drool over my watch while sipping a shot from the 40 year old single malt that my wife bought me for my birthday...:-!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
When working from home or at weekends I can often wear 4 or more in a day. On a work day,usually one for work, often another for the evening, and then maybe a different one overnight if I want a different lume pattern :)

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Sometimes 3 or 4 a day when I'm in an experimental mood. More often I'll wear just one, and sometimes I'll wear the same watch for a month or more. It really depends on my mood and what I'm doing. I've worn my Explorer and Superocean for 2 months at a time, with only a brief period at night of playing with another watch. Since acquiring a couple of new ones in the last month, and rediscovering my Sinn, I've been switching watches a lot more often. Lately, I've taken to wearing my Citizen Nighthawk to bed because I can read it all night if I wake up.
Cheers,
Bruce

·
Registered
837 Posts
I try to wear my watches 2 weeks at a time, and depending on the weather sometimes longer.
This makes me eager to wear another watch, and the experience for me is like wearing a new watch.
This is the second week I'm wearing my Ebel, and I can't wait to put my Sinn Regulateur on, next monday.

Cheers,

Daddel.

·
Banned
320 Posts
I also switch watch twice a week. I been doing this for years without realizing that I started my watch addiction. :-D

·
Registered
217 Posts
Usually wear only one watch a day, except will switch to Timex when working out in yard or anything where others could get scratched.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I find that the newest watch gets the most play for me. So I can wear the same watch for months. In between, depending on what I am wearing or doing I'll switch out for a couple of days.

·
Premium Member
8,344 Posts
I've noticed there are so many old threads being resurrected these days and I figured if you can't beat em join em. Find the oldest thread you can and let's go back in time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man, I was super confused for a moment there. Might be funnier if you just replied as if the last comment just happened, not almost 15(!) years ago

·
Registered
5 Posts
I find that the newest watch gets the most play for me. So I can wear the same watch for months. In between, depending on what I am wearing or doing I'll switch out for a couple of days.
Same for me. The newest one hangs out on my wrist until the honeymoon is over, then it gets added to the rotation/options based on activity.

·
Premium Member
8,344 Posts
Man, I was super confused for a moment there. Might be funnier if you just replied as if the last comment just happened, not almost 15(!) years ago
If I did that then invariably someone would respond with a zombie thread comment. It's just an observation really. In a many ways some things related to watches and the people that love them haven't changed since 2006. It's impressive to see some members in this thread are still active after all that time, yet it does make you wonder what happened to those that are long gone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts