WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look of the Stowa Flieger B-Uhr but I do not have the cash to dole out for one. With so many manufacturers offering automatic watches for reasonable prices I was wondering if anyone knew of any similar looking models for a very modest price. That said, the Stowa is not completely out of range so I could save if need be. I'll list a few "must haves" and "wants" below. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.

"Must Haves":

40mm or smaller
Automatic Movement
Second Hand

Wants:

No Logo
No Date

Many Thanks!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Real quick, heading out the door soon:

- Seiko SNK809. Starts at $50. 37mm B-dial, non hacking movement, has different dial colors (SNK807, 805, etc)
- Maratac Mid-Pilot. Don't know much about this watch, but I think it's about $250 for a 39mm A-dial and a Miyota 8215 movement
- Archimede Pilot 39mm. Around $550. 39mm A-dial with an ETA 2824. I have the 42mm, and it's a very nice watch, but has weak lump. The 42mm has options for dial color and no logo, but I think there are fewer options for the 39.

Orient's Flight is nice for $130, but it's 42mm. Might want to check it out - my wrist is a puny 6.5", and I can rock a 42mm flieger.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Islandtime has a couple of automatic Laco Pilots for $369; the Augsburg Type A Dial and Aachen Type B Dial. They are 42mm and have (small) logos though.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Save for the Stowa. Or look for a used one?
If the Stowa is what you're looking at, save for it.
At the end of the day, even if you get something else, you'll still come back to the Stowa.

Having said that, Stowa's fliegers are easily the best quality you can get anything below IWC's range.

If this helps :)

14218584511_d10e1e0400.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts