WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
This morning I was on a sport store, and while I was looking at those expensive Suuntos I saw this cheap solar Casio (never seen before) at 14,90 not many watches have 100m WR, Stopwatch, Timer, 5 alarms and Tough Solar:-! . Then, I like the retro style look of it, designed with functionality in mind, so I think it will get some wrist time. Here is a pic for you and for funB-) .

Best Regards
JK

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi JK,

That models looks very good actually. It has a bit the same looks as the G(L)-7500. Very nice and that for less than $20.- Which Suunto are you looking for?

Cheers,

Sjors
Thanks Sjors,
I think you're right about the G-7500 (a very good G IMHO).
In the store there were a lot of Suunto models, but the two that catched my attention were the X3 HR (for the clean look) and the Advizor. I have to say that both are on the expensive side, especially if compared to Pro Treks (which, in my opinon, are better constructed too). I like "outdoor" watches almost as I like G-Shocks and I think that I will pass by again on Suuntos for one of these two:

http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/watch/sports/prg-100-1aver/

http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/watch/collection/amw-706d-7avef/

The PRG-100 looks better in real life than it looks on pics, and the new AMW is really awesome (and relatively cheap). Well, it shall be hard to decide:think: ...

Regards
JK

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,591 Posts
Hi JK,

That will be a though choice for you. These watches are very different, so I think you need to find out which functions you like. Personal I would go for the AMW-760 with the Twincept look.

If you like the ProTrek features (incl. 100m Water resist), but not the bulky look, the PRG-100 looks like a good alternative for the PRG-80 and 90.

Although I much like the AME-706 look, I'm glad I stick to the G-Shock only. The temptation is big for me to buy such model though;-)

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hi guys,
This morning I was on a sport store, and while I was looking at those expensive Suuntos I saw this cheap solar Casio (never seen before) at 14,90 not many watches have 100m WR, Stopwatch, Timer, 5 alarms and Tough Solar:-! . Then, I like the retro style look of it, designed with functionality in mind, so I think it will get some wrist time. Here is a pic for you and for funB-) .

Best Regards
JK

That's a great looking digital |> especially for the money!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, I weared the watch all day, and i'm wearing it now: comfortable, light and readable. I think i had a good deal:-D .

:thanks
Regards
JK

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi JK,

Personally, I would go for the AMW-706 with the Twincept look.

Although I much like the AME-706 look, I'm glad I stick to the G-Shock only. The temptation is big for me to buy such model though;-)

Cheers,

Sjors
That AMW-706 looks great. I couldn't find an English-speaking site selling it.

On first impression, it fits the bill on what I'm looking for in a dress watch:

stainless steel, 24+ hour countdown timer, 24-hr stopwatch, alarms, world time.

But in typical fashion, it's not available in U.S.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Hi guys,

Best Regards
JK

DOOOOH! Looks like I'm making a trip to the watch store. The last thing I need is another watch, but I really like this model.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yes that is a cool and inexpensive watch-and the solar cell thing I like very much too. Very retro.

But man, that AMW-706D-7AVEF is VERY interesting! As another member says in his tagline," No more watches, No more watches, No more watches, No more watches, No more watches, No more watches, No more watches..." O|

1 - 14 of 14 Posts