WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a real working Tourbillon but an affordable one, my budget is below $1,000. with $1,000 max, any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Look for AATOS using the search function here for comments from other members.
Google AAtos to find sellers and prices. About half of your budget should cover one of these.
No idea how good AATOS Tourbillons are but one is heading my way so I should be able to post first hand reflections in a couple of weeks.

//wessa

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was interested in AATOS for quite awhile but I too am confused as to whether it is really reliable. There is not much on it! Do let me know!
Did you bay it?

·
Registered
969 Posts
I was interested in AATOS for quite awhile but I too am confused as to whether it is really reliable. There is not much on it! Do let me know!
Did you bay it?
When I was looking for a tourbillon, there was much more AATOS on the bay. I was confused why there are two different prices - $399 and $699. Meanwhile some pieces appeared for $339, and the description was "used, but as new" and somewhere with little letters "or customer returns, but fixed and tested". I counted more than 10 "customer returns", so I decided that a percentage of issues is maybe 5, or even 8-10 percent, and didn't want to take a risk at that price.

So I made a "hunt", lost some for $2 lower bid, took about two monts, but at the end I got my two tourbillons at very, very attractive prices. And maybe I'm lucky, because both are working perfectly (especially one of them :) ).

Regards, Miro.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I was looking for a tourbillon, there was much more AATOS on the bay. I was confused why there are two different prices - $399 and $699. Meanwhile some pieces appeared for $339, and the description was "used, but as new" and somewhere with little letters "or customer returns, but fixed and tested". I counted more than 10 "customer returns", so I decided that a percentage of issues is maybe 5, or even 8-10 percent, and didn't want to take a risk at that price.

So I made a "hunt", lost some for $2 lower bid, took about two monts, but at the end I got my two tourbillons at very, very attractive prices. And maybe I'm lucky, because both are working perfectly (especially one of them :) ).

Regards, Miro.
Miro nice! mind posting a pic maybe some vids?

Do they look cheap in real life?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Before you put up to a grand down on an "affordable" tourbillon, first check your area and see if there's a reputable independent watchmaker that will service/repair Chinese tourbillons. If not, then I'd highly recommend NOT buying one because you'll just end up with an expensive paper weight when the first service interval rolls around. A tourbillon is not an easy complication to service so not every watchermaker will be able to work on them, especially when they see that it's Chinese made. On top of that, god forbid if something goes wrong with it, sourcing parts for a no-name brand will likely be very difficult. If you are looking for a disposable watch and are willing to spend $500-$1000 for it, then by all means. But please don't be fooled by a cheap price tag, it may seem "affordable" now, but will it be "affordable" later?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts