Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking for reliable online shops with lowest prices. I am in EU, Lithuania, so a bit afraid of taxes. Yesterday I bought Orient Bambino from CreationWatches. I heard that their packages usually goes around the taxes... and also they have very low prices. But creationwatches have limited brands. What else can you recommend? How about taxes with Jomashop or Skywatches? Also is it safe to buy from amazon.co.uk or watchshop.com? I am interested in watches under $600.

Thank You!

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
I'm actually also really interested in grey market EU sellers. Customs charge from jomashop was no fun.

·
Premium Member
64,817 Posts
So long as it's a non JDM watch (which comes from Tokyo) Creation ship the watch as a low cost measuring device and dodge import duty. I have purchased watches from both Gnomon and SkyWatches but you have to remember to add tax to the price

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Hmm. I think in the EU, maybe Google model number and look for the cheapest price from a reputable website. There's no-one really huge, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Solojapan has zero items to sell now...
That's really unfortunate. Very nice guy, he sold me a SBBN015... I hope he'll be back.

OP: There is a French jeweler called "Stef". He's the go-to-guy for 99% of French Seiko nerds and he also sells online.
Very reputable seller, i bought my mm300 off him.
Only downside: he doesn't speak english.

Here is his site: Bijouterie Clouzeau

Good luck.

·
Registered
39,702 Posts
Bought my Rainer Nienaber from him.
That's really unfortunate. Very nice guy, he sold me a SBBN015... I hope he'll be back.

OP: There is a French jeweler called "Stef". He's the go-to-guy for 99% of French Seiko nerds and he also sells online.
Very reputable seller, i bought my mm300 off him.
Only downside: he doesn't speak english.

Here is his site: Bijouterie Clouzeau

Good luck.

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
Personally, I have very good experiences with uhrzeit.org (free shipping to Lithuania from 150€) and various EU based Amazon sites (Amazon.de, ...co.uk, ...fr, etc.).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Personally, I have very good experiences with uhrzeit.org (free shipping to Lithuania from 150€) and various EU based Amazon sites (Amazon.de, ...co.uk, ...fr, etc.).
uhrzeit.org seems really overpriced. The cheapest seiko 5 they have is 119eur while on creationwatches.com they go for 54eur. I am interested in Seiko SARB033 which is 384eur on creationwatches while uhrzeit asks 525eur. Pretty big difference.

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
I am interested in Seiko SARP033 which is 384eur on creationwatches while uhrzeit asks 525eur. Pretty big difference.
You compare a discounted price to a list price. Take creationwatches' list price, add Lithuania's 21% VAT, and suddenly Uhrzeit.org is 8€ cheaper. Plus, if you need to send it back for some reason, it's much easier within the EU than to the US.

But it's totally up to you, of course. I only stated my experiences.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You compare a discounted price to a list price. Take creationwatches' list price, add Lithuania's 21% VAT, and suddenly Uhrzeit.org is 8€ cheaper. Plus, if you need to send it back for some reason, it's much easier within the EU than to the US.
Creationwatches knows how to avoid that VAT tax. Not always, but 9 out of 10 it comes tax free (as a gift). They are in Singapore.

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
Creationwatches knows how to avoid that VAT tax. Not always, but 9 out of 10 it comes tax free (as a gift). They are in Singapore.
Then why do you ask for an EU shop in the first place?

Tax evasion is a crime. Of course respectable EU retailers can't compete with prices of companies who trade illegally.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
watchshop.com?

I,ve purchased this two from WSCom.
Duty free and really super fast delivery. (two days to Poland)
Yes, watchshop.com are great. They also give big discounts if you find cheaper on another UK seller. But a few days ago they didn't give me a discount for Victorinox. Seiko SARB033 is only in japan + grey market since it's domestic piece. I am just interested if there is a good grey market in EU like Creationwatches or Jomashop, Skywatches...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.