WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 16 year old son will be doing scuba diving at school as part of his outdoor education.
Any recommendations? A sekio or casio maybe?
thanks in advance

·
Banned
1,600 Posts
Hi Dayz... a good seiko diver would work great for him. There are several in and around the $100-$200 range on the WUS sales forum. Check em out!

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Seiko Monster 200m would be a good starting point, reasonably big , great lume, solid build, and it looks pretty coolb-) .:-!

·
Registered
345 Posts
the kid will end up with an arm 5" longer then the other if he wears that monster! :D thats quite a heavy watch

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
I'd say go with a Casio G-Shock to start off with. Maybe a G-2310. If he decides that he may want to pursue diving when he gets out of school, then introduce him to the wonderful world of Seiko divers :-d .

·
Registered
345 Posts
i agree with brian.. better start with a gshock wich is way lighter than any seiko diver... after 2-3 yrs get him a nice real diver

·
Registered
817 Posts
I'll "break ranks" with my colleagues and suggest a Pular Tech Gear Solar diver. They are pretty simple, nice looking, and cost about $110.

·
Registered
370 Posts
gotta go with the concensus.
i'd recommend any Seiko diver. but i think a Monster would be best for a 16 yr. old.
here's pix of an Orange & Black Monster.

or one of the G-Shock Frogmen, these are the TCoS series.

excellent bang for da' buck with both brands.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Dayz, go with a Seiko Monster, they can be had for under 200$.
I got one for my son and he never looked back, loves it, I also got him the 200 M Binnacle he loves that too. I recently got him a 300M Citizen Ecozilla , but that sucka is huge , I mean huge!++++++++ and he was ready for it now. Casio is great to, had a frogman once.
Regards
Robert

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
I'll "break ranks" with my colleagues and suggest a Pular Tech Gear Solar diver. They are pretty simple, nice looking, and cost about $110.
Must admit the Pulsar is a great choice Very solid and also a Big watch!! bigger than the Monster|>
As to the comment from Habeeb about ending up with 5 inch longer arms, the Monster is not that heavy, I have often wondered why it ended up with a nickname "MONSTER"? when it's nothing some active TEEN could not handle, I'm guessing that teen is probably 5' 8-10"?? 160+ lb, active in sports somewhat a has got the dive bug a bit, and I'm sure he could handle a Seiko no problemo.

There is also Luminox, he could show his girlfriend the illumination system, tell me what Teen would not want that as an excuse to get his latest Hotty in the dark (for the sensitive types, I'm just kidding OK)LOL.

$70-90

$60-100

$80-120

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
A classic would be a Seiko 007 diver. He will probably have it for a long time and the are around the $100 range.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I picked up a Citizen 300 Zilla for my 14 year old son for about $150 used on WUS (never used). Big and a little heavy but he loves it. I bought him a Omega Seamaster for his 13th birthday and he dives with that one as well.

·
Registered
225 Posts
get the monster!!! they are a good size watch one that will take a lot and keep on going strong.

i saw them at the seiko store for under $200.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks a million guys, he likes the look of the 007 Sekio..
Geeze scuba diving at school!! never had that in my day:-(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts