WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The app is available here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/weathergraph/id1440701492?mt=8

The complication shows the min and max temperature today, the min and max temperature tomorrow, and the time the data was last refreshed (something missing from most complications imo). The color also tells you that there’s a good chance of rain today and tomorrow.

I’ve been using this myself for the last several months as we developed the app and I found it really useful. I hope you do too. Please let us know what you think. We value your feedback.

One note, right now due to the data source we use, this app only works for weather forecasts in the USA.

Apple Watch S4 Infograph.png
In this screenshot, the complication I designed is in the upper left corner and center circular bezel slot (the text around the dial).

·
Registered
17,845 Posts
I really like how the iPhone app has a graph of the recent weather history. And I also like how the Watch complication shows tomorrow's temperature range.

I'd have to learn how to read that corner complication, though. I might get used to it. I'd have to train myself to not think that it's a timer.

When I look for the temperature, the first thing I want to see is what the current temp is. The complication doesn't say current temp, though, does it?

How about, for the corner, making today's and tomorrow's temp ranges a different, brighter color? The boldest number is the Updated number, which is why it looks like a timer to me.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very good points. One of the annoying things about programming for the watch is that some parts of the complications are very customizable and others are it doesn't always seem logical why. For example, I wanted to put the time since the last update e on the inside (smaller text) and temperatures on the outside, but the number of characters allowed on the outside was too few to do my 2 days of forecasts, and Apple doesn't allow you to change the color of the outside text only the inside text. So to have 2 days of forecasts AND to have the ability to color the forecasts when it's likely to rain, I had to set it up the way I did. It isn't ideal but I guess but I've gotten used to it and I like it now.

watchface.png

1 - 9 of 9 Posts