·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Great review iinsic,
Like the look of your review site, looking forward to the Helson 600 Review!

Reactions: iinsic

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Well done on the review/blog- this one looks great! I suspect we'll start seeing pics here on the forum with increasing regularity

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Very, very well done, and professional review. It's like I was reading it out of a magazine.
Keith's new watch looks like another winner. Maybe if it takes off, he might think about coming out with many other color/bezel color combos like the CD.
And Dave "Sheriff" March's case back design is off the charts. As a matter of fact I voted for that design in the survey.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Great review. I really don't like the watch though. The cave diver was a nice big beefy chunky tool watch. This is like the cave dweller if the cave dweller got beaten with an ugly stick. It's way too busy, those teeth on the bezel are too big. Wish they continued with the cave dweller and I'd have one today.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Great review. I really don't like the watch though. The cave diver was a nice big beefy chunky tool watch. This is like the cave dweller if the cave dweller got beaten with an ugly stick. It's way too busy, those teeth on the bezel are too big. Wish they continued with the cave dweller and I'd have one today.
its a dive watch...function > form re: the bezel teeth....if its something "pretty" you desire, you may want to check out the fashion watch forum b-)...j/k but for real I like a nice "grippy" bezel, comes in handy when wearing gloves

·
Registered
907 Posts
Great review Rob, great watch. Very tool-like.. clean dial, heavy and thick. The sawtooth bezel is a bonus for those of us relegated to wearing gloves where we dive (Pacific Northwest). I like the connection to WUS also: the case-back design is very unique. I'm typically not a fan of the "engineer" bracelet but it works perfectly on this watch. Size is right on the money.. not too small (for most of us). ETA movement.. Great lume... Checks all the boxes. A real winner.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Nicely done, Rob: clear, concise and digestible... not to mention pretty pictures ;-) My kind of review!

Thanks for sharing.

Best,
Anthony

·
Registered
693 Posts
its a dive watch...function > form re: the bezel teeth....if its something "pretty" you desire, you may want to check out the fashion watch forum b-)...j/k but for real I like a nice "grippy" bezel, comes in handy when wearing gloves
Not looking for anything "pretty". plenty of dive watches manage the tool watch look, and manage to be extremely functional with nice grippy bezels without looking like the backside of a donkey that's just been hit by a bus.

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not looking for anything "pretty". plenty of dive watches manage the tool watch look, and manage to be extremely functional with nice grippy bezels without looking like the backside of a donkey that's just been hit by a bus.
Actually, I've seen the backside of a mule that's just been hit by a Chevie Malibu, and I really think we're talking apples-and-oranges here. ;-)

Not everyone will like every watch, but it's a long way from the kind of homely you're describing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Great review and nice blog site Rob, thank you! What a neat way to combine your passion of dive watches with your gift of writing. I think the harpoon has a lot going for it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Wow...indeed a well written review; however, I would like to suggest more photos showing the details close-up and without water, sand, etc. so (we) can really see some the great features you called out.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to your future reviews!

·
Banned
4,512 Posts
Another great write up Rob, I really would like to like this watch but far to heavy and the bezel would never work for me, far to easy to bump off of set. I like the look though.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Great review Rob! Eloquent and informative, as always :)

Your site looks great!

And thanks for the mention in the review! The case back did indeed come to life really nicely, but it's a very small part of what makes this watch so cool. Like it's family members, the Cave-Dweller series, this beast is ALL TOOL. Actually, scratch that, if the Cave-Dweller is a tool, the Harpoon is practically a weapon!

I think Keith has produced about as serious a tool diver as exists anywhere while still managing some fantastically unique character and style. I love it.

And I really like all-steel bezels, ala the aforementioned Cave-Dweller and a top reason I remain so smitten with my white Helson Shark Diver. But, the forthcoming ceramic bezel is going to send it over the top.

Don't know if you saw, but I posted a few shots of mine here... https://www.watchuseek.com/f74/harpoon-has-landed-pics-pics-pics-693182.html

Again, great review Robman

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Good to see your blog Rob. And there are some very well written reviews on there, along with the Harpoon. Your blog will be visited frequently...
I followed along when the caseback design was being discussed and really admire the whole design of the Harpoon, especially sheriffd2's excellent art. I just have too many tools in the box, but am working on that...

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks to everyone for the kind words and encouragement. If you've perused the list of upcoming articles on my website, you know I'm just getting warmed up. b-)

Rob

Reactions: vokotin
1 - 20 of 24 Posts