WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short story: I bought this Glycine Combat from Jomashop because the price was too good not to buy it (around $ 400 with a $ 50 off coupon).
Love the watch, but it came with a nylon strap that I wasn't fond of. I put on a leather strap that I already have and it's a great match, but I really like most of my watches in bracelets so I started to look for a black one, since the case of the watch is black. Found this one in Amazon for a very, very low price of $ 12.99 and decided to give it a try even when I was suspicious about the quality. It's already installed and I cannot be happier...
It's not a Staib, of course, but it does what it supposed to do and it looks fine with the watch! What do you think?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Short story: I bought this Glycine Combat from Jomashop because the price was too good not to buy it (around $ 400 with a $ 50 off coupon).
Love the watch, but it came with a nylon strap that I wasn't fond of. I put on a leather strap that I already have and it's a great match, but I really like most of my watches in bracelets so I started to look for a black one, since the case of the watch is black. Found this one in Amazon for a very, very low price of $ 12.99 and decided to give it a try even when I was suspicious about the quality. It's already installed and I cannot be happier...
It's not a Staib, of course, but it does what it supposed to do and it looks fine with the watch! What do you think?

Looks good. I bought a similar one in silver from Amazon last year for about the same price and the clasp was horrible. Very loose and would come undone easily. How is the clasp on yours?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
The bracelet looks plenty good, especially considering what you paid for it. That said, I greatly prefer this particular watch on the leather strap.. Great looking watch in general, congrats.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Joepac, as I mentioned, it's not a Staib, but so far it's been working fine and is not loose at all.
The first time I adjusted the clasp I needed a tool to close the inner part. It was really tight and I couldn't do it just with my fingers...

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bracelet looks plenty good, especially considering what you paid for it. That said, I greatly prefer this particular watch on the leather strap.. Great looking watch in general, congrats.
Thanks, I think this Glycine Combat is one of the best looking ones. I believe it's called Goldeneye.

·
Registered
9,555 Posts
I bought a stainless steel shark mesh for about $10 bucks on the bay for my blue Orient Mako and it's been great!

I'm still not sure why a Mako would come on a Dolphin strap!

Reactions: Fomenko

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
The bracelet is cool but I really like the leather!

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
Surprised so many like the leather--it doesn't work for me at all on a diver bezel watch (nor of course does it make any sense, assuming you might actually dive with it...and if you DON'T dive with it, why do you need the bezel?)--the black mesh looks great, though I would save up and get the Staib at some point.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Got a SS color one for my Vostok not too long ago. Works, feels, and functions very well for the similar price I paid for it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
The bracelet looks good on it and at $12.99 what's not to like?

+1 .............AMEN to that. I think it looks fantastic on the mesh, but then I'm a mesh whore.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I for one think it looks better on the mesh. I use a place on eBay for cheap bracelets. I have 4 from them now and they are between $4 and $10.

This one is $6.

This one is $10

This one is $4

The clasps are bad. But the do hold closed. In pictures the look fabulous and in person they look real good.

I also have a staib and a strapcode. There is no mistaken that the good stuff is way way better. However, the few dollars for the items from china are well worth it. I wouldn't wear the China on a permanent fix to my watch but for a change in pace or a test drive they are good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I for one think it looks better on the mesh. I use a place on eBay for cheap bracelets. I have 4 from them now and they are between $4 and $10.

This one is $6.

This one is $10

This one is $4

The clasps are bad. But the do hold closed. In pictures the look fabulous and in person they look real good.

I also have a staib and a strapcode. There is no mistaken that the good stuff is way way better. However, the few dollars for the items from china are well worth it. I wouldn't wear the China on a permanent fix to my watch but for a change in pace or a test drive they are good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
$ 4..!!! Unvelievable... I think a Panerai buckle costs like 40!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts