WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gentlemens,

Around 1 week from now my brother-in-law family are heading over for visit one of our distant relative who is staying at Chicago. As the solar models GW5600J is not available at Singapore and instead of getting from ebay, would that be less expensive to purchase from Chicago? If yes, where is the best place to look for? If the conversion rates are relatively cheaper, I would be gettin 2 muddies for my friends. Any suggestion people from States? Appreciate your help :)

PS : I might wanna ask them to get RIT dyes as well for camo dye :-d

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
This thread is the best information I could find on G shopping in the Chicago area:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/where-buy-chicago-233988.html

Most brick and mortar retail stores charge the full retail price for G-Shocks. But I guess the US has some of the cheapest retail prices for G-Shocks. It would probably be a lot cheaper if they could somehow order from an online discount seller like Amazon while they are here (no sales tax that way too).

RIT dye is available in most supermarkets here (usually placed near the laundry detergent).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read about the stated post and I did a check on Marcy's and the prices are not competitive when compared to my country retail stores.. Maybe due to the conversion rate perhaps haha.. It is being recommanded by the post that I should order from amazon and ship it over to my relative house as prices are much competitive and the shipping takes around 5 to 8 business days.. Any around recommand States sites to look thru?

·
Registered
18 Posts
i was just at water tower place and they have about 50 gshocks. check out macys there

any hip hop store will have limited editions, but not sure you wanna venture there.

umm, maybe neiman marcus has them, not sure.

I will be down there 2morrow loooking, so ill let you know

·
Registered
946 Posts
If you know exactly which watches you want (rather than wanting to browse and maybe buy a souvenir if something catches your fancy) then why not order online in advance? If you know the people you are staying with I am sure they wouldn't mind getting a few packages through for you, and you get the best price you can. With a week until you go plus the time you have there you should have plenty time to get what you need in.

Sadly most retail places seem to be pretty dang expensive from what I have read, but come with the bonus of being able to walk in, browse a selection of watches and see what takes your fancy, if you have specifics in mind it just becomes a trawl through various shops for the single one you want...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts