WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noob question: is there a hierarchy in terms of quality between Seagull, Bejing, and Shanghai (or any other big guys)? They all have some that I like, but that are a little more than I usually spend. Thanks! :)

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Noob question: is there a hierarchy in terms of quality between Seagull, Bejing, and Shanghai (or any other big guys)? They all have some that I like, but that are a little more than I usually spend. Thanks! :)
The accepted hierarchy is pretty much as you have listed them. But it really comes down to the individual watches and their pricepoints so you have to take them model by model.

For the cheapies being currently produced; Sea-Gull for the ST-6, St-16 and maybe the ST-25; then Shanghai for the Shanghai B and finally Beijing for it's roughly equivalent movements.
Dixmont GangZhou and Nanning both produce very good movements that compete in the same price range but they don't actually produce watches.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,169 Posts
The accepted hierarchy is pretty much as you have listed them. But it really comes down to the individual watches and their pricepoints so you have to take them model by model.

For the cheapies being currently produced; Sea-Gull for the ST-6, St-16 and maybe the ST-25; then Shanghai for the Shanghai B and finally Beijing for it's roughly equivalent movements.
Dixmont GangZhou and Nanning both produce very good movements that compete in the same price range but they don't actually produce watches.
Not entirely true. Dixmont Guangzhou produce complete watches branded 'Dixmont' and 'Guangzhou'. The Guangzhou brand is obviously the one to go for as it has that really cool logo. But they're as rare as hen's teeth outside of Taobao.

Similar story with Nanning Watch Factory's 'Guihua' brand unfortunately.

And did somebody here recently post a link to Hangzhou's revived 'Xihu' brand, or did I imagine it? If that really exists then it wouldn't be easy to get hold of either.

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Not entirely true. Dixmont Guangzhou produce complete watches branded 'Dixmont' and 'Guangzhou'. The Guangzhou brand is obviously the one to go for as it has that really cool logo. But they're as rare as hen's teeth outside of Taobao.

Similar story with Nanning Watch Factory's 'Guihua' brand unfortunately.

And did somebody here recently post a link to Hangzhou's revived 'Xihu' brand, or did I imagine it? If that really exists then it wouldn't be easy to get hold of either.
Cool; I did not know that :-!

Looks like some new searches are in order :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts