WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I've always been aware that what comes cheap has it's price..(generally in quality issues) but i really liked the price on a Tao International watch, and I'm almost pulling the trigger, but i need to know if it will not break in 5 minutes after i put it on my wrist. This is the watch:

Can i Trust this brand? thank you!

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Hello Shun & welcome to the forum.

A lot of people here have purchased Tao watches and have been extremely happy with them. I believe Mr. Tao (I think that is his name) is very conscious of his customers and realizes that better CS/QC only helps him and his business in the long run.

Please read this post on what I believe to be the different levels of Chinese watches.
https://www.watchuseek.com/showpost.php?p=2059794&postcount=32

I think there is probably another category of Chinese Brand. Here are a few of the names I would put in this new category: Tao, Parnis, Minorva, Samson, & Ouyi. Top Tier eBay brands, if you will.

From what I've read on the forums, I believe these watches are made to higher specs and have better QC than your average run of the mill eBay brand. They are not all without fault, but I think that for the extra money compared to the lower eBay brands, you will be very satisfied. With quality product, paying close attention to their customers needs, and promptly responding to problems, these brands may even overlap into the higher Mushroom Brand category. :-!

Cheers,
gigfy

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the help my friend! I'll pay 50USD for it shipped all the way here in Brazil so i guess its a good deal...! I really liked the style of the watch! i think I will pull the trigger after i read the info you have posted for me here, I am thankfull for your help! maybe you will have one more chinese watch enthusiast now :-!

·
Banned
772 Posts
Dear Shun,

Since you are not virgin any more after Gigfy welcomed you to our family ;), I will be very happy to be second, to welcome you.

Yes, indeed, the Chinese watches are very beautiful and amazing timepieces. Nowadays I am planning to purchase an Alpha GMT Pepse bezel. I am trying to decide where to get it from, either from Alpha USA or from Alpha China . . . . . I will decide eventually hopefully, sooner than later. And I am sure you will enjoy your timepiece in good health, my friend.

Very Best Regards . . .

Serdal

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Hi SHun,

First, Welcome to the WUS Chinese mecj watches family. :-!
I also have a Tao, and I'm quite pleased with it. I will buy a few more, I guess.

Regards,

Martin

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I think there is probably another category of Chinese Brand. Here are a few of the names I would put in this new category: Tao, Parnis, Minorva, Samson, & Ouyi. Top Tier eBay brands, if you will.
Hmmmm. What other categories would you identify re Chinese watches, with which brands, gigfy? I'm wondering if my ideas about this align with yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts