WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, has anybody dealth with this store on Amazon ? Sea-gull Watch @ Amazon.com:
Looks like he has some good stuff at a fair price, but wanted to ask before I buy anything.

I want to buys this Shanghai for $59, but the character for jewels is different for same watch, it has 2 different pictures. One is more complicatd, but other one is less complicated like on their original watches from 60's, it just bugs me that it's like that and unsure what they selling. Wandering if there is some other issues on different atches, since I haven't looked closely, I saw this one because that's exactly what I was looking for.
Following is the link for the watch.
Amazon.com: Shanghai Stock Peace Classic Mens Hand Wind Mechanical Watches: Watches

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,526 Posts
That's a good question. These 'He Ping' watches were created recently by Shanghai Watch Factory to tap into nostalgia for vintage Chinese watches. They're actually new watches (although I wonder if there are some old parts stocks being used to make them). Does the difference in dial signature indicate more than one production run or does it indicate that some other party is replicating these remakes with actual old parts? I wish I knew the answer.

Reactions: soviet
1 - 2 of 2 Posts