WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody familiar with them? I found their site and they have an amazing price on the Direct Drive diver. It appears they have a store in Japan like Higuchi and was curious to see if anyone has dealt with them with purchases. It appears they only deal with Seiko.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Link please.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,588 Posts
Great find Torrid, and thanks for the link!

Decent prices. I bet they would include shipping as well if the issue was pressed...can you say Orange Sumo?? Good...I knew that you could. (Fred Rogers)
Prices say Inc. S/H so that should not be an issue.

Thanks for the link Torrid!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Prices say Inc. S/H so that should not be an issue.

Thanks for the link Torrid!
Once again, my reading comprehension comes back to bite me on the keester...I think it's my inability to "multi-task". How can I be able to do laundry, watch the Discovery Channel, and WUS at the same time?

Somethin's gotta give!

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
When someone tries them out, please make sure to post your experience with them. It would be nice to have a 4th source for japan market watches listed in our links.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
When someone tries them out, please make sure to post your experience with them. It would be nice to have a 4th source for japan market watches listed in our links.
+1K on that...now all I need to do is buy one:-(;-)

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
+1K on that...now all I need to do is buy one:-(;-)
It'll be a while if you're relying on me. I plan to buy the Kinetic Direct Drive diver but I'm not in the position to plunk down that much cash right now. I've got a few things to take care of first.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I plan to buy the Kinetic Direct Drive diver but I'm not in the position to plunk down that much cash right now. I've got a few things to take care of first.
You're in this boat too?? Well grab an oar mister, and start paddlin' till you bleed! I've got "things" that require attention too, and the faster we paddle, the quicker we get our new watches!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I want a blue Sumo badly, but have to pay Bob. However the Samurai, blue titanium, is really growing on me and not bad for 300 bux. The green dial Alpinist is added to the wants list now.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hey guys,

Well, I jumped in..... I ordered a SUMO from Chino Watch last night.

First let me say that I lobbed a general email to the website just to see what sort of response I got. Here is what I got back:

Dear Doug.
This is web master Makoto Ghino.
Thank you for your attention to us.
We are authorized dealer of SEIKO since1905.
Do not worry about garantee and original box and handle brandnew watch only.
Also we can publish international garantee card of SEIKO with our authorized number.
Your first question of Total amount of
SBBN007 and SBDC001 will be 888USD with
ship and H/C.
These are in stock now.
We are looking for your INTRENATIONAL order soon.

Thank you again and
Have a good time with your fine watches.
Best regarded.
Makoto Chino.

Going through their "order process" you enter a bunch of information like name, address, etc etc..... then you hit "submit(or whatever they have listed)" and I got an error page. Within 2-3 minutes I had a response email that said "we got your order please wait while we process it and send you instructions on how to pay". Kind of weird.... but when you fill out that first form I mentioned you don't give them ANY payment information so I wasn't worried. THen, within about 5 hours I got an email from them that was very nice and personal but half english and half Japanese. There was a link to paypal so I clicked it. It was indeed an invoice and again had a lot of Japanese on it. I was easily able to make my way through the process and get a confirmation that my payment was submitted. Then I went to bed. When I work up this morning I had recieved an email that my watch had already been shipped and I should have it within 5-6 days.

I will re-post once I get the watch.

All in all I would confidentally order from Chino Watch again. No worries at all for me.

Regards,
Doug.

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Oh I see now. for a second there I thought I was seeing things. That's actually a bit below market. Not bad. one question though, how have these gusy been AD's since 1908? I thought Seiko only sold clocks in those days. any one know for sure?

1 - 20 of 108 Posts