WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to give a review of two watch winders I currently own made by Chiyoda.

Both were purchased on Amazon from LuguLake, a seller which I can't recommend enough. They also offer an 18 month warranty on the winders and I am sure they would honor it if there was an issue.

Both winders are advertised as having Mabuchi motors and both are relatively quiet. I wouldn't put them next to my bed, but you can't hear them if you are on the other side of the room.

Winder 1 (~$60/$70) - Single Watch Winder. This was the first one I bought, and I have had it just about a year with no issues running almost all day every day. It has some wacky TPD settings, which I believe are 1400+ all the way to 3000. This would be way more than needed for a single watch so I used to alternate two watches on it. The glossy finish is very nice.

Winder 2 (~$140ish) - Double Watch Winder with LCD controls. I got this one about two weeks ago, and it is definitely a step up from the single model in quality and features. This model has beefier hinges, a key lock, more robust pillows, and much more reasonable TPD settings. You can set each watch to do 650/900/1350/1800 turns per day, bi or unidirectional, and run four "programs" per watch independently. The glossy wood finish is also very nice.

IMG_20170115_113842.jpg

Reactions: eric.nielsen

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have the single watch winder like you have and it broke 15 months in, just inside the warranty. I used it about 3 days a week only. LugaLake quickly sent a spare part and it worked great for another 6 months. Now it’s not working correctly again and I think it’s the circuit board. I contacted LugaLake again to see if I might catch a break but I doubt it but we will see. I saw on Amazon that several others had this same issue so I will probably try a different brand in the future.

Instagram: @TheColumbiaWatchSociety

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the single watch winder like you have and it broke 15 months in, just inside the warranty. I used it about 3 days a week only. LugaLake quickly sent a spare part and it worked great for another 6 months. Now it’s not working correctly again and I think it’s the circuit board. I contacted LugaLake again to see if I might catch a break but I doubt it but we will see. I saw on Amazon that several others had this same issue so I will probably try a different brand in the future.

Sorry to hear. Both my double and single one are still going, and they are on 7 days a week.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about the pillows ? Are they soft ? I have a very small wrist (6.3 inch) and I fear that my watch with steel bracelet will not fit.

Ty.
On the single winder the pillow stuffing was removable. The double winder works fine for me and my wrists are 6.75

Reactions: eric.nielsen

·
Registered
598 Posts

Update: i contacted their warranty folks and even though I was a year outside the warranty period, they sent me a new motor. Wasn’t quite the same as the original but I was able to get it in and she’s working great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I came across this winder too. Seems like a good buy. Any further feedback from anyone?
Don't own one but as the same goes for watches, buy the seller and you should be fine. Sounds like they're sellers that'll back their products.

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
If they are using this motor:

Mabuchi Watch Winder Motor.jpg

Mabuchi Watch Winder Motor Dwng.jpg

They are available all over the internet for about $30.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts