Votes: 17 28.8%
  • PO Liquid Metal

Votes: 15 25.4%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A friend of mine asked me to help him decide on three(maybe four) watches that he has been eyeballing. I gave him my opinion, so what is yous. here they are, pics from internet:

I voted, so you can see which one was my choice. What would be yours?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Daytona, personally I would try to find a white dial one but from the lot the Daytona would be my choice

·
Registered
391 Posts
I usually would say the BP FF, but I HATE that bezel. Because of that, I say Daytona.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
I like the Sub.,the green limits it...If black, different vote....I voted Daytona.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Quite a range of options here. I adore the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, but detest the bezel on the one you have pictures here.

The Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph is somewhat outclassed by both the Daytona and the Blancpain.

I'm indifferent to the Hulk.

Go with the Daytona.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting. I probably should have left the Daytona out to get a realistic comparison of the other three. Seems like the Hulk is number two. my vote went to the 50F

·
Premium Member
8,693 Posts
I usually would say the BP FF, but I HATE that bezel. Because of that, I say Daytona.
This was exactly my thinking. Any other BP FF and I would have voted for that.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I think the answer somewhat depends on the person's collection and purpose of the watch. If he's looking for an everyday wearer, I'd go with the Daytona. The Sub and PO are nice, but somewhat limiting, IMHO, due to aesthetics and size. The FF does nothing for me. Never has.

My personal favorite of the four is the Sub, but the green limits its use, for me, so I voted Daytona.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The PO chrono is a really nice watch, so that'd be my first pick assuming your friend can pull it off. If not that, then get the Daytona.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Is your friend still considering other options or are they set on these four? I would recommend the Daytona otherwise I would suggest a BLNR or a Milgauss for Rolex or Bathyscaphe or FF with the saphire covered bezel for Blancpain.

Reactions: adi4

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Is your friend still considering other options or are they set on these four? I would recommend the Daytona otherwise I would suggest a BLNR or a Milgauss for Rolex or Bathyscaphe or FF with the saphire covered bezel for Blancpain.
Yeah, none of the original options really speak to me, but I would change the options to the above if I were him. Way more appealing and look much better, more flexible day-to-day in my eyes. In that case, it would be between the BLNR or Blancpain with sapphire bezel for me.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
He is open to other models. His budget is about $12k ish. I think the Daytona is the upper limit. He wants a sports watch with numbered bezel rotating or not. So Exp 1 or AT is out. I mentioned Grand Seiko to him, and he wants to stay Swiss, even though he liked my GS's. So there are some constraints. He would go for the newer 50 Fathoms, but I think they may be over his price limit. Oh and it has to come with a bracelet.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts