WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After achieving watch bliss with my last big purchase, I currently have no desire to add a major piece to my collection. That said and with watches being as addictive as they are, I want to add a fun little affordable to my collection. My budget is $150 max. I'm not sticky on brand or place of origin. Mechanical or quartz, either are fine (but I'm prefer to hand-wind vs. auto). I'm thinking this is a fun weekend watch that may be a bit of a conversation piece. My current two are:

Luch One Hander
Luch One Hand.jpg
(image credit: Google images)

I've always been intrigued by a one-handed watch, but have always found them to be extremely expensive. It's kind of a one-trick pony, and I don't want a seldomly worn watch to be one of my most expensive. I think it would be cool to have one of these for weekend/vacations, and from what I have read on WUS and elsewhere, its a reasonably solid watch.

Brathwait Slim Watch
brathwait-7-1024x808.jpg
(image credit: watch it all about)

I previously purchased two other microbrand watches, and I'm amazed by the value they provide. I would say they are 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of a mainstream brand, and have all of the quality. It could be that I have only gotten lucky with them, but Brathwait is making a watch that I could see dressing up or could wear on a nato for a casual evening out. I have a few issues with the watch (I prefer longer hands), but for the price, they are a compelling idea. It is very well reviewed, and I think it's one that will hold up well.

So there are my options. Any thoughts between the two or does anyone have a suggestion they think I may like better?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I am also intrigued by one-handers like the Meistersinger Neo but not willing to pay much for what I consider a novelty. That Luch looks like it might satisfy my curiosity at a low cost of entry. I'm liking the dial indicator gage appearance.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I've found the Luch One Hand to be amusing enough to be worth the price of admission...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts