WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Everybody,
I came across this article on Eastwatchreview today and was very intrigued if anybody knows more about it.Little-Known Independent Watchmaker Produces Handmade Minute Repeaters And More — East Watch Review

The brief is:
a little-known independent watchmaker from Chongqing named Qin Gan (秦干) hand produces enamel dial repeater watches with startlingly interesting features.
2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 2.pic.jpg

I wanted to know particularly if anyone has been in contact or knows how to get in contact with him?
I'm curious on pricing and quality.

Thanks!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I tried to arrange a meeting with him when I was in Chongqing a few days ago, but unfortunately he was not there and would only come back long after I'd have headed back to Beijing... He is also one of the moderators of one of the biggest Chinese watch forums; Watchlead. Apparently he already has a very long order list (long relative to that kind of pieces)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the information. Sounds like he will have even more orders soon.
Hope to see more of his work in the future.

I tried to arrange a meeting with him when I was in Chongqing a few days ago, but unfortunately he was not there and would only come back long after I'd have headed back to Beijing... He is also one of the moderators of one of the biggest Chinese watch forums; Watchlead. Apparently he already has a very long order list (long relative to that kind of pieces)

·
Registered
Speedmaster coaxial on Forstner Komfit
2,043 Posts
The last picture makes it look like these are redialed old swiss pocket watch minute repeaters.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The last picture makes it look like these are redialed old swiss pocket watch minute repeaters.
It seems he bases his work on existing movements.

According to the article, one of his “masterpieces” completed in 2014 was a minute repeater with 257 parts, 33 jewels, independent governor and even a retrograde 12 hour indicator. The original movement was apparently a Swiss F465N, but extremely modified with mostly handmade parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts