WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GD350 for functionality, especially when it comes to the timer/stopwatch. It displays time in all modes, and has the ability to display the timer on the home time screen. Great watch
How about looks wise? It will be great if someone can show a pic of the two watches next to each other.
G-8900-1 is about 30% cheaper.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
How about looks wise? It will be great if someone can show a pic of the two watches next to each other.
G-8900-1 is about 30% cheaper.

In general, I prefer the look of the 350. It has more of a tool watch appearance to me, and a look/feel of quality that makes a great value for the price. Plus I just find it cool looking. Usually, when I buy a 8900 it is because of particular colorways that I find interesting. The one you posted has a yellow screen which is a cool look, so that may factor into your decision, but that would be up to you to decide.

I should note, that the GD350 has the "wing" attachments to the lugs that some people find uncomfortable. Not a problem for me, as I find the watch to be quite comfortable, and on me the wings help the watch to conform to my wrist. Still worth mentioning as many members have found it to be an issue.

Here's a pic of each on the wrist

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
i have both of these and they are a couple of the most clearly visible displays of all my Gs. id however choose the 350, it has a "working man's square" look about it.
the 8900 i like cos of its classic yellow and black colours. the photo you posted here, the colour is a bit off, probably because the light has caught the display. its no where near as bright under normal conditions.

·
Registered
12,059 Posts
GD-350-8

Reactions: Izzy_Does_It

·
Registered
36,279 Posts

As for the 8900, if you choose one, get the Atomic GW-8900 version. Otherwise get the GD-350.

BTW, the 8900 wears huge, it is a bigger feeling watch than the GD-350.

GW-8900

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't own any of them, but like the GD350-8 look a lot more. It has somewhat military look, which I love.
The yellow screen of the G8900-1 makes it look old, and reminds me the plastic covers of an old car headlights that got burned in the sun after years of street parking ☺

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also have both, but like the GD350 way more because of its looks and better readable LCD. I use the gd350 for taking my medicine pills every 4hrs. I love the distinguished vibration alarm!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts