WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally added a chrono to my collection. Ultimately I think I'd like the zenith el primero, possibly an omega speedy pro. For now, I was able to acquire this tag heuer monaco cs2111 and it us definitely a nice, sharp looking piece and very comfortable. It'll do until I get the chrono I'm really looking for. Just a quick pic below to share. Looking forward to wearing this one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,379 Posts
:roll: I just don't see the point of adding a stop-watch to a watch.

I think it's there to justify the presence of two additional side buttons on the watch.

Reactions: wschofield3

·
Registered
496 Posts
Beautiful piece man! But why didn't you get the speedy; it's about
the same price used; not to mention the history

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the look of a chrono probably moreso than the actual functionality personally. And I was able to get this one at a deal that was too good to pass up. Guess I'll hang onto it for now and see if I still have the desire to go dor the zenith or speedy

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heres a better pic in the daylight. In my way to work.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Nice Tag. Looks good on your wrist.

I used to like chronos for aesthetic reasons only, but now that I have one it has become useful on a frequent basis. I also find the movement to be interesting, as it keeps track of minutes and hours on the subdials.

·
Premium Member
61,744 Posts
My chronos were selected for their looks - no other reason. I do have one that's run for nearly a minute though.

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
Nice choice! I love the Monaco. I don't wear mine enough, frankly. I really like the black dial Monaco, but I think its aesthetic overlaps a little too much with my Speedmaster, seeing as I already have a Monaco.

Swing by the TAG Heuer forum and post in the Monaco owner's club thread!

·
Registered
11,835 Posts
My friend has the Gulf Monaco reissue and its a cool watch. Very unique with the Gulf Oil logo and colors, and great for anyone into racing history.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, I think I am bringing another player into the mix. I like chronographs for the aesthetic beauty of the piece. I like the symmetry of the three dials, the crown surrounded by two pushers. I think this May be the one. A nice combo of dressy/sporty. Tried one on at an AD and fell in love. The JLC master control chrono.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts