WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seamaster 200 Ladies, 1980

So I've been wanting to get my GF a watch. She has a Cartier Tank and doesn't care for it too much. I wanted to get her a sport style watch. I saw this and thought is looked pretty sweet. The seller is asking 450. Is this a good deal?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Welcome.

That's a nice looking ladies Seamaster.
Does she have small wrists?
It's very difficult to buy a watch for a woman. You will have to find out somehow what are her preferences. Although you may like the look of this watch, it may be a turn off for her.

If she wears her watch during activities like swimming or sport, then maybe a SMP mid size will be right for her. Have a look at the Omega website together. The Constellations for women are very nice.

Good luck!:-!

·
Registered
72 Posts
sjauch,
That's a GREAT looking vintage Seamaster, but buying a watch for a woman is really tough.

Just from my experience, I got lucky when I picked up a ladies SM AT for a friend of mine -- I believe I paid around $1000 for it -- but she loves it and gets compliments on it all the time and has continued to do so for the past year. It works for her in dress, work, and sport (she swims daily) situations. I realize it's pretty rich ($1000), but it's been well worth it.

Good luck --
Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
sjauch -

Consider a white or silver face, because I think that really makes a feminine watch. I gave an old girlfriend an Oris diver like this and it was a perfect choice. Built like a tank and very sparkly with the silver markers on the white face. This model is almost all gone now, but Essence of Time has one, and I know he'll take about $550 for it, or less.

http://www.timeresource.com/product...d=564&osCsid=b32624b1e67e36e48b5941f839bfbddf

That said, the new and soon to be permanent lady in my life wears a mid-size blue Bond SMP. She bought it herself and was a bold choice. She's not your average gal though, and I've got to say it's sexy as hell. Of course this is the same girl who wears a full-size JLC Day-Night Reverso with a black corset to a dinner party.

Needless to say, I'm spoiled rotten. };-)>

·
Registered
145 Posts
When I bought the Speedy Pro for me, I took a Speedmaster reduced on bracelet for my wife (the classic black dial version). She loves it and wears it a lot, in alternance with Breitling Lady Wings, Cartier Tank or Ebel Sportclassic.
Cheers,
Christian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts