WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys!
I am looking for nice watches for my graduation day , which is 2 years from now.
I have 2 options to choose (maybe it will be added more options soon). It's between Tudor Heritage BlackBay R79220R (with old tudor "roses" logo and "smiley text") & Tag Heuer Carrera WV5111 (with a vintage red heuer logo).
As you can see , both of the watches have a "red" color as part of the watches , because i love red :)
But from your point of view , which should i get between this two?
I'm from Indonesia. Indonesia marketplace often sell those tudor , but rarely selling those carrera , which is hard to find those carrera. I still have 2 years from now on to choose and buy my first "luxury" watches.
You can give me your own opinion down here! Thanks for helping! Have a nice day! :)

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I vote Tudor but go try both on see how each one makes you feel

You've still got a while left to your graduation and tastes might change so keep your options open.

Best of luck on your journey to the finish line.

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
You can’t really go wrong with either but I like having a dive watch because I use the bezel often to measure elapsed time on stuff. So I would choose the Black Bay myself.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
You can’t really go wrong with either but I like having a dive watch because I use the bezel often to measure elapsed time on stuff. So I would choose the Black Bay myself.
Yup, another vote for the Tudor from me for that reason too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree that it’s a little early to make a decision right now because tastes will change. But between these two I think the Tudor is the easy pick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UPDATE : for almost 2 months , i always thinking of getting those tudor blackbay tho..but let's just be patient :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's a great watch! I don't think you can go wrong with the Black Bay, which would be my choice over the Tag (although that Carrera model is also very handsome). You may also want to consider the BB58 depending on your taste in watch size. But the Heritage is a superb watch.

If your tastes do veer more toward the Tag and you decide you want a nice sports watch on a leather strap, you may also want to consider the Speedmaster 'First Omega in Space', which is the same size as the Tag.

Definitely worth taking your time and trying on these watches (and others) to firm up your decision.

UPDATE : for almost 2 months , i always thinking of getting those tudor blackbay tho..but let's just be patient :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's a great watch! I don't think you can go wrong with the Black Bay, which would be my choice over the Tag. You may also want to consider the BB58 depending on your taste in watch size. But the Heritage is a superb watch.

Definitely worth taking your time and trying on these watches (and others) to firm up your decision.
hi thanks!
i have considered the BB58 too , but i like the heritage more , because there's a logo rose version, vintage vibes you know hahaha

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes, that makes sense - my BB58 is currently my favorite watch but I do wish it had the same dial as the Heritage! It is lovely.

hi thanks!
i have considered the BB58 too , but i like the heritage more , because there's a logo rose version, vintage vibes you know hahaha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts