WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I got this Certina watch as christmas gift from two of my brothers, which made me very happy:-! It's mechanical, runs great and the cosmetic condition is superb. It's almost perfect mint. The acrylic glass hasn't got a single scratch and the dial is perfectly clean!

I don't know when It's made, and I don't know if the golden colour is in fact gold or not. On the case back there are a few words and numbers:
"Stainless steel back"
"Waterproof, Swiss made"
"Antimagnetic, Incabloc"
"5302"

Can anyone tell me anything about this watch? age? material?

I looked really close to find some kind of stamp and between the lugs on one side there was. It was REALLY small so I had to take a photo and zoom in beacuse it was to small to read with a magnifying glass;-)
It said:

"Plaque JP 0"
"10 Microns"
And there's also a logo that looks something like this (sorry about the horrible painting):

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,638 Posts
Congratulations on such a wonderful present! :-!

Can't help you out much as I know nothing about this brand, but the code between the lugs tell us that this is gold plated (plaque) to 10 microns. This is quite a thin coating but for a dress watch that isn't heavily worn can be enough for many years.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okey=) I guessed that it had something to with gold plating. Do you know if one can search som reference numbers (ex. 5302) and find out the model/age?

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
I don't think so. The best resource I know of is Vintage CERTINAs ¦ Home.

I'm wearing one of my Certinas at the moment.:)

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Hi there,

I don't know whether Certinas were encased in the USA to save duties. But the watch was made likely in the sixties, and a Certina case of that time has only a serial number and a reference number on the back, and inside the back "Certina, Swiss" and remarks about the case material.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

1 - 9 of 9 Posts