WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife surprised me with this Blue Mako under the Christmas tree today:

And, because she ordered it from OrientwatchUSA.com and used a special holiday coupon code, she received a second watch free! This other one is quartz:

Not sure what I'm going to do with the quartz one yet...probably keep it around for a while.

Mike

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Very nice watch! Very nice second watch! And an even nicer wife!

Congrats on all 3!

BTW, there's a little piece of plastic hanging on for deal life on your bracelet. ;)

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I caught that piece of plastic left over after I took the photo...it's long gone now.

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,073 Posts
Merry Christmas and congratulations. The Mako, of course, is beautiful...but so is the rectangular quartz, and it's always good to have a quartz watch or two around for when you need to just grab and go. Especially nice when the "grab and go" quartz is classy like your Christmas gift :-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!

·
Registered
13 Posts
so that's what I've been missing - a wife to get me watches! :-d congrats, you two, on your watches and clearly lovely ladies. enjoy!

·
11,594 Posts
Great watches so far, let's see all the other (watch related) Christmas presents!!:-!

I got this calendar from 'My Oris', on Christamas eve.....does that count?

A couple months ago on the Oris website there was a contest for 'My Oris' members, answer some Oris trivia questions and win a 2010 calendar...mine came UPS on Christmas Eve!! Very cool!

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Nice presents. Nothing wrong with using a coupon for a freebee. My wife loves coupons, especially for Macy's. But, by no means would I let her pic out a watch for me. She'd come home with some crystal stones on the bezel thingy. No thanks. Your wife knows the watches you like. I can appreciate that.:-!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I also got a Blue Mako for Christmas...by accident. My mom ordered a White Multi-Eye for me, but the company sent the wrong watch. I have to say that the Mako is a beautiful watch, but too large for my little wrist. Hopefully, I will hear from Orient on Monday and will get the correct watch sent quickly.

·
Registered
23,402 Posts
Great watches so far, let's see all the other (watch related) Christmas presents!!:-!

I got this calendar from 'My Oris', on Christamas eve.....does that count?

A couple months ago on the Oris website there was a contest for 'My Oris' members, answer some Oris trivia questions and win a 2010 calendar...mine came UPS on Christmas Eve!! Very cool!

Cool looking calender~Cheers! ;-)

·
Registered
262 Posts
A BSA 100th Anniversary automatic from my wife and sons :-!

It's a Miyota :-!

Cheers,
Griff

:-! Was thinking of picking this up for my little brother- he got his eagle this year (brings the tally to three in the immediate family)- how is the feel of the watch? Would you recommend? Happy holidays!

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Well, I've been pimping this around so many of you have probably already seen this, but this was my Christmas present to myself. I love it!

·
Affordables Moderator
17,574 Posts
:-! Was thinking of picking this up for my little brother- he got his eagle this year (brings the tally to three in the immediate family)- how is the feel of the watch? Would you recommend? Happy holidays!
Absolutely, it's a very nice piece especially for the price |> It's a nice strap too but the watch has a definite 'pilot' feel, I think it's going to look awesome on a vintage pilot strap.

Congratulations to your little brother and all the Eagles in your family, that's terrific:-!

My older son is a Life Scout, just a couple more badges...and he is working on his Eagle project now. My younger son crossed over this past summer and just made Tenderfoot, now on to Second Class!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts