WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife told me that she had no idea what watch to buy for me and had decided against buying me one for Christmas

The last present under the tree this morning was a long, thin, narrow box perfect for a tie. I opened the paper and there was a Dillards box (oh great their ties are hideous typically).

Inside was lots of tissue paper

I couldn't figure out what was going on until the note fell out of the paper.....

The note said...."I'm not a tie! Sorry, but I'm on back-order and all you get is this for now."

On the back was a picture.......

Seems it is set to arrive around New Years!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
So lets see what you got from Santa this morning!!!!!! |>

santasmile santasmile santasmile santasmile santasmile santasmile santasmile

We are wearing our early Santa presents that we got from John at Bathys Hawaii!!!! :-!

Sandra - Bathys Auto "Stealth" on Sharkie strap
Stephen - Bathys Auto PVD UV Black Dial

Merry Christmas everyone.....hope Santa brought that watch you wanted!!!!!!

santasmile santasmile santasmile santasmile santasmile santasmile santasmile santasmile

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I didn't get a new watch for Christmas. As a family, we decided not to do presents this year. But instead we are leaving for a ski trip in Colorado. So, I need to wear a heavy duty watch that can survive my frequent falls. Also the watch should be brightly colored, so I can find it, if it is dropped in the snow. This watch should fit the bill.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Merry Xmas everyone santasmile

Of course I'll wear a red watch :roll:

Steinhart Ocean 1 :-!

Bought about 2 weeks ago
(close to xmas) santasmile

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
santasmile Santa (ie: my wife) got me a Marathon SAR-D santasmile

Merry Christmas all!

Cheers,
Griff
Griff,
Your wife has excellent taste! santasmile

·
Registered
904 Posts
Flightmaster Autosantasmile

·
Registered
615 Posts
I got a nice watch box, and I'm wearing my Swiss Army 9G-600 automatic chrono. It's was my Christmas gift to myself.

That Seiko automatic chrono is nice.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got a nice watch box, and I'm wearing my Swiss Army 9G-600 automatic chrono. It's was my Christmas gift to myself.

That Seiko automatic chrono is nice.
And a great price as I recall too! Very nice watch.santasmile

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Hi -

Now *that* is sweet! It's what I'm missing, more due to lack of space than anything else...

Santa's sniper has these on their way...seller's pictures, even I can do better than that. :)

JohnF

PS: Santa's snipers also got me a box of new toys for me to play with: no less than around 30 vintage Gruen lady's watch calibers. Beautiful, tiny things to practice, practice, practice on. What the seller didn't know was that the watch pictured in the middle of the package actually works and has been keeping time very nicely... :)

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
Hi John,

A PRIM, a PRIM !

What movement is in if I may ask ? Inhouse or Swiss ?

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Hi -

:)

Inhouse. Sniped it on the 17th. Cal 96, hope to have it tomorrow...

Was really surprised to see it on the German Bay with only a couple of bids on it. Got it for ... €55 with postage. :)

JohnF

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
No watch for me this holiday season. :-(

That's a nice watch Dapper! I particularly like the unusual design and color of the dial. May I ask where Santa bought it, and for how much?

MMT
Thanks, I helped with the dial design of this oneb-) It's the 'RLT39 Tonneau' - a limited edition of 20 by Roy Taylor of the RLT Watch Co. Mine has a copper dial with black engraved markers and is personalized with my own initials 'AW'. It has a display back showing the decorated Swiss ETA 2824 movement. Price was £150.00.
Here's a wrist shot:

Cheers:)

·
Affordables Moderator
17,577 Posts
Great watches all, and a very nice watchmaker's bench Doc, congrats!

Love that Prim John!

Cheers,
Griff

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, we don't really celebrate xmas but I did get this courtesy of an Amazon.com gift certificate from my boss. Really nice watch for $160.....52mm so nice an big for me (I'm 6'7" so looks normal on me).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts