• Green GMT

• Black GMT

• Buy something else

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking at the relatively new Christopher Ward C63 Sealander as a solid GADA watch at a reasonable price. I think Ward has done an excellent job with the case and dials on this one. Please help me decide between two color and two style options – black versus distressed green dial, and basic three hander versus GMT. I don’t care so much about the GMT function: I’m really just focusing on the look.

Regarding the dial colors. The black is handsome and, of course, will never go out of still. The green, on the other hand, is more unique but could also be a trend that fades. (FYI, the green on the picture with the bracelet seems a bit enhanced by C Ward: I’ve heard/seen that it appears darker, more like it appears in the GMT picture.)

Regardless of the color and version, I’ll order it with both the stainless bracelet and a leather strap because I like the variety.

Which would you choose and why?

Green three-hander
Black three-hander
Green GMT
Black GMT

Or any other non-Ward suggestions not over $1500?

Green three-hander
Watch Hand Arm Analog watch Product

Black three-hander
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

Green GMT
Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

Black GMT
Watch Brown Hand Analog watch Arm

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
Are the green dials the same between the GMT and 3 hander? I like the color in the 3 hander better, curious which one is more accurate if the dial is the same.

I have the black dial GMT. It looks good, but I wish I had picked up the white dial.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
GREEN 3 hands is VERY good-looking!
I think you should look into their forged carbon watches.
I have the c60 forged carbon and it is AWESOME.

Reactions: ChrisLTD and Batboy

·
Registered
682 Posts
If you have some/many black dial watches I suggest getting the green, or have you seen the blue?

I am not the biggest fan of green dials but that one is great. I wish I would have considered a different color but when I bought there was only the white and black I believe. I also got the non gmt version which I kind of regret as well.

You probably already know but anything over $800 will be subject to a tax.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have some/many black dial watches I suggest getting the green, or have you seen the blue?

I am not the biggest fan of green dials but that one is great. I wish I would have considered a different color but when I bought there was only the white and black I believe. I also got the non gmt version which I kind of regret as well.

You probably already know but anything over $800 will be subject to a tax.
I actually do not have many black dial watches (just two, I think) because, if given the choice, I tend to choose gray dials. I own about five gray dial watches.

I own one other green watch, an Oris Aquis. And it is one of my favorites.

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Rectangle

I'm aware of the duty when over $800, but feel that the C63 is still a lot of watch for the price with that factored in. I own one other Ward, a C60 Trident - wavy white dial with black bezel.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I own one other green watch, an Oris Aquis. And it is one of my favorites.

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Rectangle
I've wanted this GREEN one for a while now.
This looks like one of the new ones with the new caliber.
IS it awesome?
(Interestingly, I specifically went toward Christopher Ward originally,
because it seemed like more value for the money than the Oris Aquis).

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I cannot choose between the 2 green variants, but it would be green for me, such a unique tone, and also the fact that each is individually distressed making no 2 green dials the same.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Black GMT on the bracelet.

That green dial is interesting but it’s also a bit muted looking and between that and the texture on the dial, I would question the versatility of it.

I think the black gloss dial just works in so many situations.

Plus I think the GMT will look great on a bracelet, rubber strap or sailcloth (I’m not all that keen on the distressed brown leather straps CW seems fond of putting on its sports watches)

·
Premium Member
46,781 Posts
IMHO, the black would be more versatile, but I really like either green dialed version.

Not too bright, not too flat......just right!

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've wanted this GREEN one for a while now.
This looks like one of the new ones with the new caliber.
IS it awesome?
(Interestingly, I specifically went toward Christopher Ward originally,
because it seemed like more value for the money than the Oris Aquis).
I absolutely love the green Aquis, and no watch I own gets noticed as much. I like how well the bracelet fits the case. Sorry, I'm not sure about the caliber.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have, but am moving on from, the white GMT. I just don't travel for work like I used to, so I'm taking the opportunity to shake up the rotation.

The watch is really good. But the word I'd use to describe it above all else is "capable." Specs are great, it wears extremely well, it's very versatile...

But the C63 and I think most of what Ward does as a brand, is pretty safe. Just very modern, very capable sports watches.

So I think this particular watch is a great opportunity to highlight some color, because the design overall while not plain, is very safe and could stand a pop of color without looking garish or trendy.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
I have the black 3 hander and it has to be my most versatile watch. I've always been a bracelet guy but this one is really getting me more into straps since it looks good on just about anything. IMO at least.

The green is intriguing but I figured that I would grow tired of it. I may wind up with the blue version eventually but I've been keeping myself away from the website.
Watch Hand Analog watch Fashion Clock

1 - 20 of 104 Posts