WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone actually like the new logo? I get what they are trying to do, appealing to the fashion watch buyer. However, I think it was a major mistake to chose that route rather than embracing their role as a favorite among watch enthusiasts. They really dropped the ball and I know a lot of collectors like myself hate the new logo.
What does everyone else think?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I've got two with the old logo and prefer it. I think it is more elegant and better-placed than the name scrawled across the left side of the dial. Someone said the old logo looked like 'Coward' if glanced at quickly, but that's a stretch.

002 (2).JPG

unnamed.jpg

·
Registered
548 Posts
It looks alright on some models like their C8 Regulator and Power Reserve which have it positioned well to balance the dial's appearance, but on many other models there's too much blank space on the upper half of the dial with the logo on the left. There's certainly a lot of brand fans upset with the new logo on their own forum. I'm just happy that it has given many enthusiasts the opportunity to get some great watches with the old logo at half price, particularly those with their in-house COSC certified chronometer 5-day automatic movement for ~$750!

·
Registered
153 Posts
It looks alright on some models like their C8 Regulator and Power Reserve which have it positioned well to balance the dial's appearance, but on many other models there's too much blank space on the upper half of the dial with the logo on the left. There's certainly a lot of brand fans upset with the new logo on their own forum. I'm just happy that it has given many enthusiasts the opportunity to get some great watches with the old logo at half price, particularly those with their in-house COSC certified chronometer 5-day automatic movement for ~$750!
Got clearance now too...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
I didn't like their old logo. This new one fits some of their pieces better. I don't think it works across the board however.

Their "logo" is just writing their name in a particular font. I would prefer some kind of logo or icon, that's actually kind of important to me as a watch buyer.

They might as well match the font/typeface to each type of watch.

Now...let me go check these clearance options. Maybe I won't mind the "logo" on a trident for the right price...

·
Registered
548 Posts
I didn't like their old logo. This new one fits some of their pieces better. I don't think it works across the board however.

Their "logo" is just writing their name in a particular font. I would prefer some kind of logo or icon, that's actually kind of important to me as a watch buyer.

Now...let me go check these clearance options. Maybe I won't mind the "logo" on a trident for the right price...
No Tridents are left on clearance at this point, you really have to keep your eye on their clearance page or subscribe to their newsletter to get in on their best deals.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Not a huge fan, especially when not written under 12 but instead at 9. I think it throws the balance off. I would personally prefer a case back engraving and a sterile dial

·
Registered
815 Posts
Makes no difference to me at all, new logo or old. I have a new Trident in the mail and couldn't be more excited. I suppose they could invent some sort of brand mark that would ruin a watch for me, but this isn't it. It's clean and elegant. I don't mind it at all. Actually, on their dress watches (like the Malvern) I do prefer the new logo.

Now losing the CW stamp on the crown for the crosses is another story. Will admit that was a little disappointing.

If you're going to pick at their branding, maybe it should be for having competing marks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

There are no more of the old Tridents on their site from what I could see. Clearance is just old malverns.

·
Registered
516 Posts
It's not make or break for me. I'm so used to the mkii logo that I forget how awkward I thought chrward looked at first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
They seem a bit confused IMO. Its like they aren't convinced about their decisions and sort of second guess or "re-imagine" it every now and then. All they need is one killer idea for a logo and I am sure they will stick to it. Their current one is not going to stay IMHO.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,341 Posts
Does anyone actually like the new logo? I get what they are trying to do, appealing to the fashion watch buyer. However, I think it was a major mistake to chose that route rather than embracing their role as a favorite among watch enthusiasts. They really dropped the ball and I know a lot of collectors like myself hate the new logo.
What does everyone else think?

I believe CW has had three logos. And from what I understand each change infuriated a relatively small group of watch owners. If the CW company forum is a reliable indicator the fury seems to be relatively short lived and watch buyers move on to the new design. Christopher Ward is a business who sells attractive watches to an increasing number of buyers. So far they seem to be successfully attracting many kinds of watch buyers. Including collectors.

I find the new logo to be as attractive as the previous two. At some point this year I may add a second CW to the collection.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I believe CW has had three logos. And from what I understand each change infuriated a relatively small group of watch owners. If the CW company forum is a reliable indicator the fury seems to be relatively short lived and watch buyers move on to the new design. Christopher Ward is a business who sells attractive watches to an increasing number of buyers. So far they seem to be successfully attracting many kinds of watch buyers. Including collectors.

I find the new logo to be as attractive as the previous two. At some point this year I may add a second CW to the collection.
Yes they have all been pretty bad, but the new Tridents especially look terrible. I know I will never buy one.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I don't really consider the new 'logo' to be a logo. It's just the company name that they chosen to place at 9 o'clock. A brand's logo should be instantly recognisable, even if you can only see part of it. That's what this brand is missing, an iconic logo. The brand name is long, but others have made it work e.g Vacheron Constantin, Audemars Piguet, but they have iconic logos (Maltese Cross, AP logo). Rather than re-stylising the company name, they should have focused their efforts at coming up with a logo. If they had a brand logo that stayed constant, then no one would care if they changed the font the brand name was written in, or its placement on the face as there would still be continuity between models from early to new releases.

But like many here, their lack of branding knowledge has given me plenty opportunities to buy great value watches at half price, and when I want something new I can flip without taking any financial hit, sometimes even turn a profit :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
71,325 Posts
The new logo doesn't bother me all that much TBH. If you don't like it not to worry, given CW's past performance they'll change it next week.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts