WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased an Accutron 26B59 Chrono and absolutly LOVE IT!

However, since this is my first nice chrono, I would like to know what I can and can not do with regards to water. I wear my watches, which means I shower, swim, water ski, snowboard, bla bla bal with them on.

Anyways, my question regards to the push pins for the chrono function. I'm assuming it would not be a good idea to activate/push them in if the watch is wet or is under water correct? Or is it ok to push them in when wet?

The watch is rated to 200m.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
You are correct, you should not use the pushers when in the water. There are some watches were it IS ok to do this, such as the TAG Aquagraph and Sinn U1000.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Dont use them underwater or when wet.
As Steven said, there a few (literally, only a few) specialized chronos designed for use underwater, but yours is not one of them.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! That's what I thought, just wanted to confirm with the experts!

Cheers,

Jay

·
Registered
178 Posts
Don't use it in the shower to time how long you've been in there either!!! :-d:-d:-d:-d (my homage to a similar thread that went on a lot longer then this one)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Rotating Bezel and Water?

Sorry I have another question!

This time it's the bezel. Can you rotate the bezel if the watch is wet or under water and not hurt/compromise the watch?

I'm assuming that it's ok as this is one of feature of most dive watches....

Thanks,

Jay

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Re: Rotating Bezel and Water?

Sorry I have another question!

This time it's the bezel. Can you rotate the bezel if the watch is wet or under water and not hurt/compromise the watch?

I'm assuming that it's ok as this is one of feature of most dive watches....

Thanks,

Jay
Yes, rotating the bezel is okay. If you're diving, you actually want to set the bezel right before you submerge...but there is no harm to the watch of rotating the bezel while in the water.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I am surprised by the number of people that think you can't use a WR chronograph under water or while wet.

Most water resistant pushers are OK to be used in shallow sinks tubs, an even the rain. I don't think you want to go diving down 100 ft and use the pushers, but they are OK while wet.

For goodness sakes....

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I am surprised by the number of people that think you can't use a WR chronograph under water or while wet.

For goodness sakes....
+1 !
Yes, the WIS are a hygrophobic race. And overprotective too!

·
Registered
2,879 Posts

Most water resistant pushers are OK to be used in shallow sinks tubs, an even the rain. I don't think you want to go diving down 100 ft and use the pushers, but they are OK while wet.

For goodness sakes....
I remember pushing my G-shock buttons in the swimming pool to see how long I could hold my breath as a kid. I never had any problems. The beeping sound of the watch under water sounds very clear as well. :-!

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
The funny thing is than non-WIS use and abuse watches (as they are designed to do).
We WIS, with our superior knowledge (maybe) baby them untill it becomes a joke!

I am pretty sure that a watch designed for WR 30 can take more than that.
Static pressure, of course.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info guys!

I usually do not try and push the chrono buttons when the watch is wet but just in case it happens, I wanted to know!

I agree 100% that people on WUS tend to be pretty anal about the use of their watches. Some don't even get their DIVE watches WET for fear of the soap in the shower breaking down the seals... (wow...)

But to each their own I guess!

I myself actually wear and abuse my watches on a daily basis. What else is a watch for??

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
+1 !
Yes, the WIS are a hygrophobic race. And overprotective too!
Yes indeed we are, and rightly so!! despite the fact that we like to boast that our watches are all "built like tanks"!! :-d

Really, why on earth (I mean 'under water') would ANYone want to mess with the chrono? You're down there, like 15 minutes!! What's to time?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts