WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking for advice, my better half bought me a Breitling chrono avenger for xmas 4 years ago this year.
after just over a year and a half it started losing time, a couple of minutes every couple of days so i sent it back to breitling for a repair which was under warranty, it worked fine till dec last year until i put it on one morning and it had stopped, I wound it and it started to go again fine, but after that, if I took it off going to bed at midnight it would stop within a couple of hours, so back it went to breitling for over a month. The day i collected it from the dealer it was working fine, but within 3 hrs it had stopped again while I was wearing it , and would not start so off to brietling again. I recieved a call from them to apoligize and telling me they had made a misake in their repair, and had now rectified it, and had refurbished the case and bracelet at no extra cost.
over the last couple of weeks I have noticed it losing time again, and last saturday it stopped again, while I was wearing it.
It started up after being wound, and is still working but I set the time at 8am monday and by noon today it had lost 4mins 15 secs.
what could the problem be ?
Anyone else had similar problems ? what should I do ?
(each time sent to offical Breitling service in the UK)
Thanks. Dave

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Assuming that it is no fault of yours, give them a call and voice your displeasure with the situation. Be polite, of course. Let them know that enough is enough and you want it fixed correctly, even if that means replacing the movement with a new one. Its rare that they dont do whatever it takes to rectify the situation.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hi
my C A is still working fine but was regulated 3 times first year
and one time second all free of charge

i think the reason was that i was not using that watch more than for scuba diving onse or twise a year

it did not get mutch brake in

regards jonas

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
13,080 Posts
Hi, Dave and welcome aboard! :) I'm sorry to hear of your CA difficulties but I am certain you will be pleased with the final disposition/resolution of your problems. I have had a few warranty or performance problems over the years (1990 - current) with my Breitlings but the issues have been resolved to my satisfaction each and every time. As RJ suggests, courteous and cooperative communication has been one of the keys to taking care of problems. I sent my brand new Evo back for warranty service three times in the first three months of ownership. It had begun to run about 45 sec/day fast a couple of weeks fter I received it. BUSA regulated it well but the same problem arose again a couple of weeks after that. Third time was the charm. They had me speak with one of their watchmakers to discuss the problem. Very helpful and courteous. Received it for the 3rd time and for the last year and a half it has run less than ONE second/day fast. :-! Each warranty visit was no more than three weeks and they even took care of my shipping expense. Suffice it to say, I trust Breitling to take care of service issues and they have never failed me. Sometimes we have members who are perhaps a little less patient than I am and they begin bashing the brand immediately if their watch is outside COSC standards by half a second. I feel you have more common sense and patience and I'm sure it will pay off for you. Good luck and let us know how you get on... :)
Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the comments guys, I have seen comments on here by others demanding atomic clock prescision instead of enjoying the magnificent piece of mechanical art they have.
It is nothing I have done, I am a sales rep, and wear the watch 6.30am to midnight 7 days a week but the last time it went back they said it had had a lot of wear!!
I am worried that it will have been back to them 4 times in 4 years without having really been fixed, I have to send it back via a dealer here in Ireland to the uk so i am relying on the dealer conveying my upset and unhappiness. should I try send it back direct ?
should I demand, in a polite way, that they replace the movement ?
or should I just sell it and buy a newer model that will perform better ?
also if I domanage to speak to someone directly what are the things I should be saying to them ?
or as a last resort should i send it back directly to breitling in Geneva with a covering letter expressing my unhappiness ?
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts