WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my battery replaced this week at a jeweller as the watch had stopped after about 15 months.
After I got home I noticed that the chronograph hands - the centre minute and second hands plus the 10:00 o'clock hour dial are all misaligned. :-( (see the photo). Has anyone had this experience? Any advice?

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
This is easily fixed. You need to unscrew and pull out the crown. Then using the different chrono pushers you can andvance the various hands back to zero. It's all in the manual. I'm working at the moment so don't have access to my manual. If you need I can post the sequence later, but effectively with the crown at the first position the upper pusher will advance a specific hand and the lower pusher another hand. Then with the crown at the second position each button will advance a different hand. The misalignment is common when a battery runs out so don't panic, there is nothing wrong with your watch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much guys, I fixed it after I found the ETA 251.262 movement manual on the Web. Exactly as you said and I'm so pleased with myself for fixing it. I really like this watch!! The manual it came with, on the other hand is almost useless.

Cheers,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts