WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Older, 2006, Festina Tour De France Watch, the Chrono Hour dial runs continious, even when the Chrono is not being used, normal? Also does not reset.

·
Registered
338 Posts
You beat me to it, Watchbreath. Reminds me of a certain Seagull chrono movement (could it have been the ST1902?) that has a 'faux' hour counter. The hand is linked to the center hour hand and tracks with it.

·
Registered
40,212 Posts
Brings to mind a Kenneth Cole I checked out about a year ago.
You beat me to it, Watchbreath. Reminds me of a certain Seagull chrono movement (could it have been the ST1902?) that has a 'faux' hour counter. The hand is linked to the center hour hand and tracks with it.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
However, it should be noted that with a certain failure modes of a 7750, the hour counter will run continuously.

Since the hour counter is run independently off the mainspring arbor, brake failure, or excessive drag in the clutch will allow the hour hand to run even with the chronograph shut off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
However, it should be noted that with a certain failure modes of a 7750, the hour counter will run continuously.

Since the hour counter is run independently off the mainspring arbor, brake failure, or excessive drag in the clutch will allow the hour hand to run even with the chronograph shut off.

Hi!
After that I got my watch (Gallet 7750) back from the service, it has exactly those symptoms. The hour counter is running continiously and the watchmaker is saying that the movement is worn. Does that make sense?

/John from Sweden

1 - 6 of 6 Posts