WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been asked before, but can't find an answer in search.
I need to remove the pushers on a Seiko, and they are located with small (very small) circlips.
Is there a "trick" to removing/ replacing them? or are there such things as mini circlip pliers.?
I have tried to use the tips of my tweezers, but cannot exert enough outward pressure.
I have an Etic pusher tool, but it seems it is only useful for friction or press fit pushers.
Would really appreciate some help from the more knowleagable members.
Thanks
Offshore

·
Registered
721 Posts
Pusher cir-clips can be difficult. Use plastic stick shaped like a screwdriver tip. You want to place the flat of the plastic stick across the opening of the "C" and push to force off. Use plastic - if you slip it will not damage the case or crystal - If you use a screwdriver you may. Peg wood will splinter. To put the clip back on shape the opposite side of the plastic stick with a flat but file an arc with a rat tail file and place the arc over the back or arc of the "C" and push back on. To aid in avoiding the clip flying put a small amount of grease similar to KT22 on the clip this will give it some "stick". an alternate method is to place the case in a plastic (see through ;-)) sandwich bag and remove and replace the clip while the case is in the bag.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts