WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So have any of you actually tried the Chrono24 Virtual Showroom app? According to their promo materials "it couldn't be easier."
https://www.chrono24.com/info/apps.htm#augmented-reality

So, I printed out the paper wrist band:
https://www.chrono24.com/assets/pdf/apps/20181020_Handout_Chrono24_EN_Letter.pdf

I downloaded the app on my iPhone and I just can't find the "virtual showroom" option when I open the app.

I then decided to check YouTube for a tutorial:

I found this in the comments: "***** christ. Where exactly is the button for this feature located within the iOS app? It’s impossible to find."

And, this is the reply from Chrono24: "
As soon as you open the app, in the middle of the page there is the photo and underneath a text that says; NEW: Virtual Showroom"

Yeah, I'm not seeing that when I open the app on my iPhone. So, yeah, I'm guessing that "it could be easier." I'm thinking it could be a lot easier but, then again, I'm old...

·
Premium Member
40,910 Posts
Yep - right there for me too. Haven't tried it yet, and don't intend to, but it's there.

·
Registered
245 Posts
It’s front and center when I open the app on iOS. I haven’t played with it yet though. It wanted me to print out a bracelet and that’s too much effort for me to bother with a dumb gimmick.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a play with it the other day, it’s quite clever although there’s only a few watches to pick from at the moment. There’s a banner for it on the first screen of the iPhone app under the “recommended for you” section (see screenshot)
Weird. I don't see this at all on my iPhone when I open up the app. I don't see the "RECOMMENDED FOR YOU" or the "NEW: VIRTUAL SHOWROOM" on the screen. I've got an iPhone 6 Plus and I'm just not seeing what I'm supposed to see, I guess. The watch that I'm interested in trying on virtually is relatively rare so I'm guessing that it wouldn't be available in the virtual showroom anyway. While I understand some of the negative comments about the technology being employed here, I do believe that it's a step in the right direction and I'd like to see other on-line venders give it a go. I'm looking at you, Jomashop...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts