WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to purchase a watch from a private seller either at a slightly ligher price using c24 or using paypal goods and services at a lower price.

Can anyone comment on the benefits of buyer protection over the other? C24 gives you 14 days inspection whereas paypal gives you much longer. I always have my watches authenticated at RSC but they sre booked for a month due to covid. In this regards PP is better. Please advise if their are additional c24 benefits that I am missing.

Thank you
RW

·
Registered
163 Posts
Cannot help with the difference with the two services, but if this is a transaction with a private seller perhaps a solution would be to work out an extended right to return agreement (outside of Chrono or PP) due to the longer than usual lead time to get this authenticated.

You could also look for a different way to get the watch authenticated that will not require a 30-day wait.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I do know that Chrono charges the seller 6.5% and the money is held in an escrow account for those 14 days of inspection, but I have sold on Chrono24 before and the process to upload the watch is timely so does weed out anyone that is trying to sell a watch they do not have etc. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
38,925 Posts
I remember a tale of someone on the other side of this. They sold 'outside' of Chrono24 to avoid the fees and either had to prove they still had the item, or had to pay them anyway.

ok - so paying Chrono24's fees isn't your responsibility as a buyer, but I don't think the seller has fully thought it through based on these threads from last year:

·
Registered
119 Posts
The only advantage I can think of is the C24 acts as an escrow, giving you time to authenticate the watch before payment is sent. I believe you have one week. That is awesome, provided you live in a place where you can get your watch authenticated.

Where I live, the only watches that can be easily authenticated are Citizen and Bulova.

That said, I purchased a watch from C24, and the vendor took forever to ship the watch.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The only advantage I can think of is the C24 acts as an escrow, giving you time to authenticate the watch before payment is sent. I believe you have one week. That is awesome, provided you live in a place where you can get your watch authenticated.

Where I live, the only watches that can be easily authenticated are Citizen and Bulova.

That said, I purchased a watch from C24, and the vendor took forever to ship the watch.
This is sort of what I've run into. I won't mention the name, but the vendor is certified, has very good ratings and on their website it says they ship items in one business day if in stock. The watch I ordered is listed as in stock but it's been more than 3 full business days with nothing further other than "the seller is preparing to ship your item." I contacted the seller and they replied they don't see or control items ordered through Chrono24 so now I'm really unsure wth is going on. I sent a message to them and the listed seller did also. We'll see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts