WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.

Do any of you have any experience with using this website to buy watches second hand? It looks quite slick and has many watches on it. I want a PO of which there are loads. It also recommends watchuseek. Any mods got anything to say on this?

Best,

Dan

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
The site is good, but just as on E-bay you have to buy the seller before you buy the watch.
You'll find private sellers but also greymarket professional dealers and vintage shops. The shop in Amsterdam I've bought some watches from has it's own site and store but also posts on chrono24 for instance.

Just post a link or photos over here before you buy!

Happy hunting for the PO, there are some good deals out there :-!

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty nervous about using it. Even with getting them to take pics with todays paper or at a time I request, at the end of the day I have to send my hard earned cash down a wire and hope they send the watch:-s

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I'm pretty nervous about using it. Even with getting them to take pics with todays paper or at a time I request, at the end of the day I have to send my hard earned cash down a wire and hope they send the watch:-s
That's always the case with buying online. You might search on a dealer first and look for a trusted one you know. If you don't mind importing from the Netherlands I can give links to a few tried and trusted ones over here.

·
Registered
31 Posts
In my opinion Chrono24 is a trusted source. I've bought 2 watches from it although they were pick-up transactions. It's more profiled for European transactions I'd say, as you see lot's of German sellers and other countries from here. As always, you have to check the seller and in such deals there's always some risk.

rgrds
m.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's always the case with buying online. You might search on a dealer first and look for a trusted one you know. If you don't mind importing from the Netherlands I can give links to a few tried and trusted ones over here.

hi. im intrested also in the trusted ones u know.
please PM me the links. thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have bought and sold via Chrono24, and I have nothing to complain about. Still, as Iamsterdam says, you buy the seller first! I like the bit with the extra pic´s showing two different times, for authenticity check. I have used that in other transactions as well...b-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts