WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

chronograph <14mm < 20k

4K views 48 replies 23 participants last post by  Squirrelly 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, i am still looking for a chronograph i will explain further but these would be my preferred specs:
:under 14mm max 13,…mm preferably thiner 12,.. mm etc
:really like the astethic of the daytona but i exlplain why not further down
:here comes the hard part: screw down crown and pushers and min 100m water resistant- i know most would not want to take a expensive watch into water but a want to be able to take it with me without having to store i somewhere/ take it off main reason i can not buy a speedmaster
price: around 15k could be stretched to 20k or a bit more but would need to fit- the daytona would be almost perfect but 50k market…
: date would be preferred but not a must
: i know there a multiple threads on thin chronographs but nothing really fit me , ans most are in a lower price range. could also be <10 k or substantially less but i figured i needed to pay quit a bit to fulfill the thickness requirement from what i read. looking forward to all youre suggestions and Pictures are welcome. ( sorry for the writing)

#38 ·
Oh ok, 14mm thick. I thought you were looking for 14mm width.
That'd be a really small chrono. Just so you know, the JLC in this pic is a massive 16mm.

#4 ·
Hi, i am still looking for a chronograph i will explain further but these would be my preferred specs:
:here comes the hard part: screw down crown and pushers and min 100m wter resistant- i know most would not want to take a expensive watch into water but a want to be able to take it with me without having to store i somewhere/ take it off main reason i can not buy a speedmaster
price: around 15k could be stretched to 20k or a bit more but would need to fit- the daytona would be almost perfect but 50k market…
: i know there a multiple threads on thin chronographs but nothing really fit me , ans most are in a lower price range. could also be <10 k or substantially less but i figured i needed to pay quit a bit to fulfill the thickness requirement from what i read. looking forward to all youre suggestions and Pictures are welcome
Yes - for thinness you generally need to pay up. However there are lots of sub-14mm chronos that use the ETA 2894 or other movements with a modular chrono. There's nothing wrong with the 2894 despite the clichés about the module breaking down regularly, which was an opinion posted to Usenet some time in the mid-Nineties and has been repeated as fact on the internet ever since. Anyway...

Zenith's Chronomasters are all 12.5-13.5 mm, and most have 100m WR. But like the slimmer chronos from JLC and Glashutte Original, they don't have screw-down pushers. Nothing modern from Sinn, Omega, Grand Seiko or Breitling is thin enough, nor is Blancpain's chronograph with screw-down pushers ($20,000 and 16mm thick). This $4,000 B&R v2-94 is 13.5mm with a tall domed crystal - there is also a 3-register version and they come in a few different colours. It actually ticks all your boxes, but won't win too many internet/social media points - and we can't have that can we, watchfam! ;)

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

Your best bet for a watch from the right brand is to drop one of your requirements. This opens up choices immensely.

#14 ·
Forehead Window Sleeve Collar Wrinkle

Geez, I know the market is hot on TURDors, but this model needs to be shot and then buried.

#13 ·
The Archimede Outdoor chronograph is 13.8mm thin with 200m WR for just 1500€. Damasko's chronos are the same thickness but only 100m WR for 2200€. They all have hardened cases for heavy duty use.

Probably not the style the OP is looking for, but just sayin'.. Automatic chronos under 14mm with good water resistance don't have to be super expensive.

#23 ·
#20 ·
"Here comes the hard part: screw down crown and pushers and min 100m wter resistant- i know most would not want to take a expensive watch into water but a want to be able to take it with me without having to store i somewhere/ take it off main reason i can not buy a speedmaster"

Just saying. I mean the OP did, but I thought it bore repeating.

#26 ·
thanks for all youre suggestions, the Tudor is a nice watch the prince and the new one it is a bit to thick/ slab like build but nice, the zeniths are nice most more traditional theyre chronomaster sport is striking and similar to a daytona looked at it it is a bit thick ( not the specs but wearing) and does not have a screw down crown and pushers, have seen those girard pergeaux similar design to a royal oak, feel a chronograph for needs to be able to be worn means also be taken into water which really need screw down crown and pushers for it not to be sketchy.

#29 ·
As others have said, the GP Laureato. Hits all the requirements. 100m water resistance, screw down crown and pushers, 12mm thick, under $20k. Where it loses out is availability. Laureatos are becoming very difficult to buy new due to the frenzy for stainless steel, integrated bracelet sports watches. My AD told me last weekend that their 2022 allocation is completely booked out. Anyway, here's a picture of mine.
Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Everyday carry

#37 ·
:here comes the hard part: screw down crown and pushers and min 100m wter resistant- i know most would not want to take a expensive watch into water but a want to be able to take it with me without having to store i somewhere/ take it off main reason i can not buy a speedmaster
: i know there a multiple threads on thin chronographs but nothing really fit me , ans most are in a lower price range. could also be <10 k or substantially less but i figured i needed to pay quit a bit to fulfill the thickness requirement from what i read. looking forward to all youre suggestions and Pictures are welcome. ( sorry for the writing)
Screw down pushers? That renders the chrono useless. Reconsider...

Also, thickness is not just a measument. It really depends how the case is shaped. Some are designed with a case back that imbeds into the arm, and how the case steps up to the crystal makes a huge difference not only in how thick it looks, but how a shirt slides over the crystal.

Anyway, I think you're making decisions on actually annoying specs or sometimes useless ones.

#39 ·
Screw down pushers? That renders the chrono useless. Reconsider...

Also, thickness is not just a measument. It really depends how the case is shaped. Some are designed with a case back that imbeds into the arm, and how the case steps up to the crystal makes a huge difference not only in how thick it looks, but how a shirt slides over the crystal.

Anyway, I think you're making decisions on actually annoying specs or sometimes useless ones.
Need the screw down pushers for swimming/use in water if you bump pushers of most chronos it could be broken, you could also leave them unscrewed while you are not close to water to use them immediately, yes find the Speedmaster to wear quit thin, but as a guidline not to bad f.a iwc pilot chrono are very nice but the do not wear nicelly at theyre thicknees for me

#45 ·
Damasko has a unique gasket design that allows you to use the pushers in the water, so you may want to look at them again if that’s really what you’re after. Think of them as Rolex in the 50s—actually innovative tool watches sold for an honest price.

Other brands sell watches that work underwater as well, I know Blancpain does, for example. So you may not need the screw-down pushers at the price point you’re targeting.

#47 ·
i saw the IWC Pilot chronograph 41 Top Gun Ceratanium it looks amaizing, not 44/45 mm big 10 atm water resistance, would be willing to forgo screw-down pushers for this, but IWC Chronographs are nice but a bit thick. these new 41mm models are better but still 14,5 tried the "standard " 41mm chronograph but not wearing so nice, when you are paying around 13 000 should not more go into the shape design. it is theyre modified 7750, but the portugeser chronographs are much thiner slimmer ( yes les water resistant ,rugged) so they can defenatly do it

This post has been deleted
#49 ·
Seems I've seen Skagen has an extremely thin chronograph. But that's quartz.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.