WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I want to buy a new seiko from the internet and I am considering using Chronograph.com. Is this site an authorized dealer of seiko watches, many people think it is but i just want confirmation.

Thanks in advance

Hazchrono

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Hi All,

I want to buy a new seiko from the internet and I am considering using Chronograph.com. Is this site an authorized dealer of seiko watches, many people think it is but i just want confirmation.

Thanks in advance

Hazchrono
Have you asked them?

W

·
0 Posts
No...ask Mr Lee who owns chronograph.com. You can trust 100% what he tells you :-!
I´m not satisfied with 4 straps he sent to me. I think half of the straps with Seiko -Z 22 marks on rubber and Seiko ST. STEEL - F on buckle is real but the other half of straps is a part of 50-100 m rated diving straps and feels much more plastic and harder. I don´t know if Seiko sent this kind of straps to Mr Lee or someone has mixed two different straps.

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=176526&highlight=z22

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
I´m not satisfied with 4 straps he sent to me. I think half of the straps with Seiko -Z 22 marks on rubber and Seiko ST. STEEL - F on buckle is real but the other half of straps is a part of 50-100 m rated diving straps and feels much more plastic and harder. I don´t know if Seiko sent this kind of straps to Mr Lee or someone has mixed two different straps.

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=176526&highlight=z22
Have you contacted Mr Lee with your concerns? He is a very responsive gentleman and I'm sure if there is a problem, he will correct it.

W

·
0 Posts
Have you contacted Mr Lee with your concerns? He is a very responsive gentleman and I'm sure if there is a problem, he will correct it.
Yes, I contacted him immediately. He offered me a refound because straps I ordered and paid for was sold out. I think this is not Ok to let customers order and pay for products he doesn´t have in stock and then chance by sending them something else that they won´t notice.
I don´t want to spend any more of my time and money on these straps, by sending them from Sweden to Singapore, and decided to keep them but I`m not satisfied!

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Yes, I contacted him immediately. He offered me a refound because straps I ordered and paid for was sold out. I think this is not Ok to let customers order and pay for products he doesn´t have in stock and then chance by sending them something else that they won´t notice.
I don´t want to spend any more of my time and money on these straps, by sending them from Sweden to Singapore, and decided to keep them but I`m not satisfied!
Since a refund was offered, I fail to see a problem.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Since a refund was offered, I fail to see a problem.
I agree...it's been a slight inconvenience, but it's been addressed.

Time to let sleeping dogs lie.

W

·
0 Posts
To send back 3 extra straps will not solve all my problems. I let Mr Lee change aftermarket silicone strap attached to the watch, to one Seiko strap and because of that I´ll still have this strap attached to the watch.

E

·
0 Posts
I purchased an SKX007 three years ago and was very pleased with chronograph.com. Mr. Lee always answers emails w/in 24 hours.

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
I highly recommend Chronograph.com. They are a solid supplier of products that are often not easily found, even if their prices can at at times be a bit higher than others. Their customer services is also exemplary.

·
Banned
727 Posts
Email Mr. Lee and ask. He's very quick to respond and has shown himself to be trustworthy. If he say's he's and AD, then he is. If he says he's not, then he's not.

If you're in the US, you won't be getting the 3 year US warranty, if that's your question.
I believe you'll get the 1 year international warranty.

Ben

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yep, I did that.

I'm in India btw. So if he isn't an AD and I buy from him then I cannot take my "genuine" watch to a Seiko shop in case of a problem?

·
Banned
727 Posts
Guess if I'd been paying attention, I'd have seen you were in India!

According to the paperwork I received (which has a stamped warranty card with Chronograph.com as the dealer) when I bought from Chronograph.com, the 1 year international warranty that comes with the watch can be handled by either the dealer from whom you bought the watch or "any member of the SEIKO worldwide service network", which is listed in the booklet, but not guaranteed to be current.

Search Seiko's website for a list?

There are 10 places listed for India, by the way. They're in the following cities.
Chennai
Kochi
New Delhi x 2
Calcutta
Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Ahmedabad
Hyderabad

Hope that helps.

ben

·
Registered
28 Posts
Alright, I contacted Lee and this is his reply.

Dear Sir,

We are not a Seiko authorised dealer but we buy our watches from them.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for shopping with us.

Ww Lee
Chronograph.com
Singapore.

This is good news imo. Buying watches from Chronograph.com is equivalent of buying one from an AD.

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
This is good news imo. Buying watches from Chronograph.com is equivalent of buying one from an AD.
Read again. It is not the same. Chronograph will offer you their own warranty (which IMHO is very good), but they will be unable to offer you a Seiko warranty that will allow you to service your watch under it in your country. If having a valid seiko warranty is important to you (which it seems to be) then this difference is important.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Read again. It is not the same. Chronograph will offer you their own warranty (which IMHO is very good), but they will be unable to offer you a Seiko warranty that will allow you to service your watch under it in your country. If having a valid seiko warranty is important to you (which it seems to be) then this difference is important.
Well, I'm sorry to contradict such an esteemed poster on my first WUS post, but Chronograph DO give a one year Seiko international warranty. I've just bought a 007 from them and have the warranty card duly completed and stamped to prove it! You may also want to check out the forum on Chronograph.com where Mr Lee has confirmed this.

I just thought that anyone considering buying from Chronograph may read this post and want to be reassured that the Seiko international warranty is valid.

BTW, Mr Lee was a delight to deal with and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Chronograph again. All watches on the web site are in stock, with great prices, a fast shipping option, and excellent packing. Highly recommended.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts