Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so guys what do you use more? or what do you think is more useful :) you can also give an example of what you usually use it for ;-)

·
Registered
9,450 Posts
I use both and I use them for anytime I want to time something which is all the time. Like how long it took me to walk or drive to a new place, how long I've been parked in a car park for, how long something needs in the oven or grill, and how long till someone asks this same question again.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
If you're using it to time your steaks, well:

ETA diver:
Service cost: $150

Valjoux chronograph:
Service cost: $600

That's a lot less steak.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
B​oth, for battery charging, cooking and parking timing.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
If you're using it to time your steaks, well:

ETA diver:
Service cost: $150

Valjoux chronograph:
Service cost: $600

That's a lot less steak.
But my Speedy is less than half as expensive as my Sub to service...

·
Premium Member
61,410 Posts
I have watches in all 3 categories yet use none of the gizmos. I just prefer the look of dive bezels. :roll:

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Get a Omega SMP chronograph. It will cover all your needs.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Dive bezel guy here. Occasionally use it to keep track of my car parking;) I dived with them but rarely used the bezel, just looks good for a quick time check on night dives. It saves me to press a button on a dive computer to activate back light. That's about it. More than anything it is just the looks I dig.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I prefer the chronograph for quick-and-dirty performance profiling - a rotating bezel just isn't precise enough.
I also prefer it for timing cooks - just because you can start it at any time, and not wait for the seconds to come around.

I still use a timing bezel occasionally, but not as readily.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Dive bezel to me is much more useful (of course the fact that I only own 1 Chrono doesn't help...).

I use it to time dives, well really as a back up timer in case my computer goes out. I can still dive tables so my whole day isn't shot.

I also use it every time I do a low/slow on my Green Egg. I keep track of when I've made a vent adjustment to change the cook temp. If I do it too much I just end up chasing airflow; gotta give it time to stabilize.

·
Registered
6,034 Posts
I love chronos, I love divers, but above all I love chrono divers :-!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok then...got another question: anyone know how much more battery does chronograph use? lets say with moderate usage.

·
Registered
9,459 Posts
I ran a casio edifice chrono uninterrupted (it just circled round on reaching 'max') for about 3 years, I think, until the battery ran out. Just left it running because I wanted the larger seconds-hand to move ^^.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts