WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I recently bought a used Speedmaster, with everything in almost new condition. I've had it for about 6 months now, and recently after using the chronograph, I found that the hour totalizer did not reset back to 12--instead, it is at just before the "10" marking. When I run the chronograph the hour totalizer no longer moves.

Does this mean the reset mechanism is not catching the hour hand? Is there anything I can do? Since this watch is out of warranty, can I take this to a local watchsmith?

Thanks so much for your help.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on Speedy!

I'm not a watchmaker, so I couldn't tell you what is causing the problem, but it would be fine to take it to someone local to look at.

Incidentally, what kind of Speedmaster do you have?

eric

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a Speedy Pro--the only way to go. Seeing the chronograph hour hand stuck is really getting to me... I will probably have to spend quite a bit to get it fixed.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
I've got a Speedy Pro--the only way to go. Seeing the chronograph hour hand stuck is really getting to me... I will probably have to spend quite a bit to get it fixed.
I'd try not to stress out about it too much, yet. The c.x861 is a pretty straightforward movement and parts, if necessary, shouldn't be too difficult to source.

Hang in there and good luck.

eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts