• 3 -- 9

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • 12 -- 6

Votes: 1 1.0%
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,534 Posts
my favorite layout... chronograph subdials inline with color coded hands, date at 3:00.

View attachment 16624513
If they are going to incorporate the date, I prefer it incorporated into a 4th sub-dial like on some of the old Girard Perregaux Laureatos.

·
Registered
17,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
If they are going to incorporate the date, I prefer it incorporated into a 4th sub-dial like on some of the old Girard Perregaux Laureatos.

I'm sure it's a high level watch, but I cannot understand the "logic" of that design: those 4 circles are so powerful, so strong a presence on that dial, so why did they cram in those numbers too, only to get mangled and chewed off? Weird.

·
Premium Member
3,534 Posts
I'm sure it's a high level watch, but I cannot understand the "logic" of that design: those 4 circles are so powerful, so strong a presence on that dial, so why did they cram in those numbers too, only to get mangled and chewed off? Weird.
See, I love the style. I don't like it when only one number is cut off by a date window. But when you carry the theme throughout the watch (and they did it in 4 even areas), I think it works. It's very hard to get right.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts

That's a big nope from me. Dial is so busy that it's barely readable. Has no running seconds, and please tell me that 24-hour hand isn't slaved to the main hour like a mecaquartz watch. Please tell me it's actually a GMT hand, and it just happens to be showing 7pm.

·
Premium Member
3,534 Posts
That's a big nope from me. Dial is so busy that it's barely readable. Has no running seconds, and please tell me that 24-hour hand isn't slaved to the main hour like a mecaquartz watch. Please tell me it's actually a GMT hand, and it just happens to be showing 7pm.
Slave GMT but it definitely has a running seconds. Not sure why you think it doesn't.

The tach minutes hand is hidden and actually based on the center stack. It's a pretty great feature.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts