WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up the re-edition carrera and was wondering if the large second had is moving does the Chronograph have to be working as well?
I feel like that might put more wear on the watch than is needed. I guess I could just stop it but I love watching the second hand sweep around the dial.

Thanks in Advance.

Ryan

·
Registered
159 Posts
The large second hand is the Chronograph hand. The small seconds hand is at the left sub-dial at the 9:00 position. Since the large chrono hand IS NOT JEWELED, it will cause more wear on the gears.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
So I just picked up the re-edition carrera and was wondering if the large second had is moving does the Chronograph have to be working as well?
I feel like that might put more wear on the watch than is needed. I guess I could just stop it but I love watching the second hand sweep around the dial.

Thanks in Advance.

Ryan
If it's the same set up as my Monaco chrono the 2nd hand is the small dial to the right and the large hand (2nd hand on a non chrono) is part of the chrono timing system and only works when the chrono is active.

I leave mine alone if it helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts