WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I'm looking to pickup a chrono at some point in the near future but I'm on a budget so cheap is key. As much as I like the tag monaco its just not gonna happen.

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Are looking in the price range of under or over $100 USD? There are plenty of websites with good prices, or even ebay. I've managed to snag some good deals off ebay, all around $50-$60 USD. But when dealing with ebay you kind of have to be patient in finding that one watch around the price you want to spend.

·
Registered
345 Posts
get a pulsar... made by seiko.. under 100$ on amazon com.. or check the superchrono.com site.. they have some military seiko chrono for around 100$ shipped

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Not knowing what you consider cheap, let me assume you want an automatic but do not want to go the "$1000" route. I can 1st recommend you scour the TJ MAXX's in your are for clearance deals on Hamiltons, Barring that, there are plenty of excellent mechanical/automatic chronographs for under $500.

1) Contact Marc at Island watch or Tom at Pacifichrono for a nice list of excellent Poljot chronographs.
2) The Victorinox Swiss Army 9G-600 is an excellent Val 7750 in the price range.
3) Check the myriad of sales forums for watches such as the Movado Kingmatic Chrono (Val 7750) and others....there is always a bargain to be found!

·
Registered
872 Posts
If you are looking at the TAG, I assume that you can spend at least a few hundred. If that's the case, I have your watch.

Someone on another forum was looking for a nice auto chrono for under $500; that's a pretty tall order (under $1,000 would be a lot easier), but I found something he liked and ended up ordering: Hamilton Khaki Field Chrono Auto. Great looking watch (I may get one myeslf), 7750 movement, should be able to get one on Ebay or on the secondary market for under $500.

Just be aware that it comes in a quartz version and in 42mm and 38mm. I personally like the 42mm auto on bracelet, but that's just me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm liking that hamilton very much with the black with white stitching strap (matches my car) and like my car its an american brand. Seems like a great watch. $400 isn't quite as cheap as a seiko or other cheap brands but I think I may go for the hamilton

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm liking that hamilton very much with the black with white stitching strap (matches my car) and like my car its an american brand. Seems like a great watch. $400 isn't quite as cheap as a seiko or other cheap brands but I think I may go for the hamilton
More like 500 for the Hamilton v775x.....actually round 550 plus shipping the TJ maxx deal is just a myth;-)

You can get a Poljot 3133 mechanical from marc at www.longisland.com for well under 500

·
Registered
742 Posts
More like 500 for the Hamilton v775x.....actually round 550 plus shipping the TJ maxx deal is just a myth;-)
Is there a good net dealer for the Hamilton's? I rather like the looks of the h71416157, Field Auto Chrono (7750) (case mm??, I think 41) white face with bracelet. I will try and check out the local places this weekend but they aren't known for good stock or pricing.

Another watch I would like to mention is the Schauer Chronograpn's, unfortunately a budget breaker but it is beautiful and has the 7750. Really like the Edition 7. None of the chrono's look to have lume at all though.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Is there a good net dealer for the Hamilton's? I rather like the looks of the h71416157, Field Auto Chrono (7750) (case mm??, I think 41) white face with bracelet. I will try and check out the local places this weekend but they aren't known for good stock or pricing.

Another watch I would like to mention is the Schauer Chronograpn's, unfortunately a budget breaker but it is beautiful and has the 7750. Really like the Edition 7. None of the chrono's look to have lume at all though.
Close................40mm!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Found my Timex Expedition Chrono at Costco for under $100 and have been quite pleased with it so far:

In my opinion, probably as cheap as you're going to get while maintaining good quality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts