WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chronographs are definitely the style for women today. I just saw another woman with a chronograph on. That makes it at least a dozen women I've seen wearing one in the last few weeks.

Just goes to show they have good taste in watches. ;-)

·
Registered
38,805 Posts
There're big with Michele, about 8 years ago I asked my Technomarine rep why did they have so many chronos? She pretty
much told me to STFU. I certified her as a twit, never saw her again. I was real happy when the line was pulled. As to good
taste............

·
Registered
19,356 Posts
I also saw women wearing chronograph watches but most of them (the watches) seem to have a quartz movement.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Zenith does beautiful and very feminine chronographs for ladies. They contain the high beat El Primero. They are 38.5 mm IIRC. Moderator novedl's wife has one.

Jeannie

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I was at the Omega AD this weekend and the saleswoman had on a chrono. She said, "I don't know what these little dials are for, but I think it looks cool." It did look cool, and no I didn't launch into a description of what they do.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Believe it or not, my wife got hold of my Lum-Tec before I even wore it and it's her favorite. She's a nurse on her day job and farmer on the off days and wears overalls, so that probably has something to do with it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
A colleague of mine just got herself a Sinn 356, 38.5mm diameter. Looks pretty sharp!

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
A colleague of mine just got herself a Sinn 356, 38.5mm diameter. Looks pretty sharp!
Now that's good taste!
I think a lot of this may be down too the popularity of the Daytona with female celebs. Massive generalisation I know but I suspect a lot of women who buy chronos do so because it looks like the watch so and so was wearing in Vogue.

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
Funny, most girls I see wearing watches aren't wearing chronographs. Yes, the watches are getting bigger, but I'm not seeing many chronos.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Funny, most girls I see wearing watches aren't wearing chronographs. Yes, the watches are getting bigger, but I'm not seeing many chronos.
+1

The "boyfriend" watch has been in for a while, lot of ladies wearing mens watch styles. Perhaps thats why you've seen more chronos, as men might have more chronos on average than women traditionally do?

Regardless I think it looks good, but then again we're a bit of a biased group if there ever was one.

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
+1

The "boyfriend" watch has been in for a while, lot of ladies wearing mens watch styles. Perhaps thats why you've seen more chronos, as men might have more chronos on average than women traditionally do?

Regardless I think it looks good, but then again we're a bit of a biased group if there ever was one.
I think a big watch on a girl is really sexy.

·
Moderator at Large
53,157 Posts
The wife of Jörg Schauer wears the Chrono 1938, my wife got used to a smaller chrono:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Most of the movements on women's watches, in general, are quartz. I think that's mainly because women go with style and looks more than what makes them tick.

The larger size watches on women are a huge trend too. I actually think it's good because those tiny little watches they used to wear were so small I always wondered how they were able to tell time with them. The last large watch I saw on a woman was this photographer's assistant at my friend's wedding. She wore a white watch that was pretty big for her petite frame, though it did look good on her.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
women wearing chronographs, that's nice ... women wearing chronograph because of its function and because they like the intricacies of the movement - that's news

as mentioned before, how many of them bought the watch because it just 'looks nice'.

I remember talking to a girl deciding which laptop to get ... the number 1 factor: looks/color

·
Registered
19,356 Posts

Anyone has an idea about her pink tone chronograph watch ?

·
Registered
829 Posts
My wife wants one just so she can use it for nursing. She says a quartz distracts her while counting someones pulse, but the smooth sweep of an automatic makes it easier.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I got my sister this one for Christmas:

She lost it and I put half down this time so she could replace it with the exact same model. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts