WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Chronomaster: 4 1/2 sec band over 5 years with new movement; what do I do now that batty is dead?

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Hans Moleman 
I'm not sure what you have to loose by changing the battery yourself, your only concern would be introducing dust into the case and movement. If you change it and it returns to normal you're done.

I doubt if there is a unique TC curve for each watch, that it would be on the volatile memory would probably be even more unlikely. As far as the rate, possibly, but again probably more fixed because it just wouldn't make much sense to put it in the volatile memory.

If after the battery change, the rate requires regulation, contact your regional support center and ask them how to proceed. Like you said the watch is out of warranty, why incur costs and time before you determine you have to?

OP kind of curious what battery is in your watch, and if it is possible, do you plan to upgrade from the original equipment to something better. Again I'm not sure what it came with in 2007, but if it came with a 40 mAh, have you considered going up to 55 mAh to gain a little more battery life? I doubt that it would affect the rate, at least it doesn't seem to on ETA movements.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.