WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always wanted a white or silver chronomat evolution. Once I seriously started looknig at them, my girlfriend talked me into a graphite with black subdials. Today we exchanged our Christmas presents and low and behold, she got me a white chronomat evolution. Needless to say, I love it. However, I am undecided as to whether or not I should keep it or exchange it for the graphite. I think they are great looking watches and I know I will be happy with either, but I am having trouble making the decision.

The white is the one I had always wanted and it is what my girlfriend (surprisingly) picked out. But the graphite is great looking too. Also, I plan on getting a Rolex date-just or something similar to wear for work and would almost certainly get a silver or meteorite face. I don't like the idea of having both my watches be light-faced and I don't like the Rolexes with dark faces.

I am sure many of you have had similar dilemmas in the past, so any advice you could offer is most appreciated.

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
13,448 Posts
I have always wanted a white or silver chronomat evolution. Once I seriously started looknig at them, my girlfriend talked me into a graphite with black subdials. Today we exchanged our Christmas presents and low and behold, she got me a white chronomat evolution. Needless to say, I love it. However, I am undecided as to whether or not I should keep it or exchange it for the graphite. I think they are great looking watches and I know I will be happy with either, but I am having trouble making the decision.

The white is the one I had always wanted and it is what my girlfriend (surprisingly) picked out. But the graphite is great looking too. Also, I plan on getting a Rolex date-just or something similar to wear for work and would almost certainly get a silver or meteorite face. I don't like the idea of having both my watches be light-faced and I don't like the Rolexes with dark faces.

I am sure many of you have had similar dilemmas in the past, so any advice you could offer is most appreciated.
Hi, gdu and welcome aboard! Congratulations on your new acquisition and more importantly having such a nice Lady friend. I am in agreement with your opinion on rollies with dark faces although a black face Submariner looks pretty darn nice... ;-) May I suggest taking a look at the (new this year) black dial, black subdial, Roman indices Chronomat? Check pages 54-55 in the new 2009 Chronolog and item numbers 468 and 470. IMHO, arguably two of the very nicest looking Chronomats ever built! :-! The graphite dial with the red Automatic is gorgeous but the Romans and deep black dial with matching subs is absolutely stunning. All the above just my .02 worth of course. Let us know what you decide and BTW I forgot to mention... pics are mandatory. ;-) :)
Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
299 Posts
Simple,
Keep the one your wife choose for you. This has sentimental value, otherwise you will always think: Yea I got this as a gift...well sort of...I traded the original color for this color.....
Secondly, They are both great choices. I had both on and went for the white version and never looked back. Its dressy and sporty....and I LOVE mine to death!!!
pete

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Oh yes, they look BOTH very well !
The white one will "look" a little bit bigger imho ?
But personally I prefer graphite...

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I say keep the white. I like both, but it was the original one you wanted and you might regret getting rid of it for the new fascination.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I say keep the white. I like both, but it was the original one you wanted and you might regret getting rid of it for the new fascination.
I understand that we all have a different bent but I have to agree with RJ on this. I got a Colt Chrono as a gift from my wife and I traded it for a Skyland. My wife was cool about it and made up the difference so this was from her also. The problem is now I wish I had kept the original, along with the Skyland of course, but it is down the road and belongs to someone else. Keep the White and enjoy. Just my .02.
Best health, Frank

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks guys for all the responses. I have decided to be smart and keep the one she gave me. My SLR is in the shop, and My Canon 5D Mark II is backordered, but here are some pics I took with my little digicam.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Great watch, wonderful camera. I just got a Canon 50D to replace my 10D. I don't have the need for the full frame nor do I have the glass to appreciate the benefits. Enjoy both, two great piece's!!!
Best health, Frank :-!

·
Registered
815 Posts
The white looks great, I think you made the right choice.

Enjoy it and wear it in good health. :-!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts