WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

Here's another one that I purchased and asking the forum for feedback. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol :) I believe this is a 1989/90 based on what I saw on the Breitling-museum.com.

Fred,

I wanted to ask you, what's your background with Breitling? You're very knowledge in this space, how did you get here if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Lol :) I believe this is a 1989/90 based on what I saw on the Breitling-museum.com.

Fred,

I wanted to ask you, what's your background with Breitling? You're very knowledge in this space, how did you get here if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!!

years of reading, absorbing, researching, collecting - and advice from good friends. first advice: avoid that "breitling-museum" site - 90%+ of the vintage pieces are fake.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Fred!!! I've been using them as a reference point, but I'm glad you mentioned that. I'll call Breitling to see if they'll send me some historical references.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
well, that's a bit if wishful thinking ...... The current Breitling actually only shares the name with the original company that closed down in the late 1970s; no records and surprisingly little knowledge left.

the best available "tool" to learn about the vintage models would be to buy Benno Richter's book - best on Amazon, ebay prices are typically higher.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I called and they referred me to the horological society which you mentioned. :) I'll definitely invest in the book by Benno Richter. Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts